The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2007, 04:54 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Nascar Cot

COT (Car of Tomorrow) will race today at Bristol for the first time.
WA Gordon , I think is on the pole.
The car is going to be on Fox TV this morning and they will tell about it.
Toni S. Says it's a flying brick?
This one is a Yota.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

wins the first COT race, The 31 could have won, but the 5 would have paid.
Way to go 5
Way to go 31
Jeff Gordon sucks
Old 03-25-2007, 03:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

And we go from "Stock" cars to an IROC situation, it's just wrong!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

None many others, other than the Burton's, would have let him win. The difference between racers and guy's like Jeff Gordon. I would have loved for Burton to take him out but being a Virginia Gentleman, he didn't. Can't say the same for "the young guns".

Way to go 31 on your 2nd Place finish.

Man, am I sick of Chevy's. Ron, you notice Dodge had a new car? Not many others did either, just the Chevy's had new cars.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 03-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Pac
I got so sick of the announcers talking Chevy all day that I just turned the volume down.
There is only one template for the COT and the teams put different decals and different grill openings, Nascar makes up the difference in HP of the makes by rear spoiler angle, Thats what those adjusters are for. I think there is also some front air dam adjustment as well.
The thing good about Toyota going to Nascar is that they are handicapped just like the Fords as far as Horse power goes. It doesn't take a real genius to figure out that 850 Horse power will beat 750 horse power most days of the week. The Yotas and Fords are making 850/825 horse power. And all those LS6 Chevys would get beat bad if the race was Fair.

Ward needs to stick to Bush for a year and kiss up to Nascar.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Yada, Yada, yada,..

...Maybe Ford's designers could build a better motor, yawn,...

... ,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 03-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Seat
You know not what you speak.
Nascar only allows Ford to use a 20 year old design, Ford doesn't even make a pushrod motor anymore, and haven't for a long time, The problem is that a 5.4 modular motor witch couldn't be made to run a carburetor, (well couldn't is to big a word) and if Nascar let Ford run the 330 cubic inch engine and let Ford do modifications such as the Chevy's do, The 5.4 would make around 2000 Horse power. It's bad enough that a 20 year old Ford motor makes 75 or so more horse power than Chevy's latest V8 that they put in there Corvetts, (just with a carburetor) , Having a 5.4 would not even be a race.
The 351 Cleavland Fords would win easily if Nascar would make the rules the same. And Toyota would be right next to Ford on the last lap, Chevy's would be 5-10 laps down, all of them.

GM has always needed an edge when competing against Ford, thats just sad,
Bob Glidden won 10 pro stock championships with his Fords before NHRA decided to give the Chevys a handicap. And Ford answered that by dropping out of pro stock competition In NHRA. Stating an unfair advantage to GM for the reason.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Chevy pulled out of NASCAR years ago because they could not compete with Fords and Dodge/Plymouth. Funny how after Dodge pulled out, they came back in and have been winning. Also funny that Olds, Buick, and Pontiac couldn't keep up with the Chevy's also. It is obvious to me that something is going on.

Pack

Old 03-26-2007, 01:50 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Pac
There was one year that some Teams pulled out of NASCAR , Lead By Richard Petty, But No manufacturer pulled out of NASCAR, ever.
Chevy, Olds, Buick, Pontiac are all the same under the shin, Even back then, There all Chevy's, Now there all GM.

Some teams 10-15 years ago had a special treatment thing going with NASCAR, Richard Childress especially, The #3 could put a bumper on anyone and put them in the wall and that was just fine, after all , it was Dale, the Intiminator.

Nascar (the France family) have always been pro GM and when Bill jr got sick and they hired Mike Helton to be NASCARs president, things actually went a little for Ford, (not much) but a little. Those were the Davy Allison and Bill Elliot and Allen Kowicky days, Then the Girl France got her nose in the picture and things turned back against ford.

There are several things working against Ford,
1. the France Family have huge amounts of GM stock
2. Mike Helton is also pro GM
3. at least 1/2 the fans in the stands are GM fans
4. the Sponsors want a car that at least 1/2 the fans want
5. NASCAR hires GM fan Announcers, who permote GM more .
6. Ford Management don't kiss up to the France Family

So, you make the call, will Ford get a fair shake?

Ron
Old 03-26-2007, 04:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron,

No. I don't believe anymore that Ford or Dodge will get a fair shake. Although, in the older days, Pontiac, Olds, and Buick are "GM", each ran a different block produced by the individual divisions. Although all were GM, at one time the divisions were very competitive. Remember DeLorean going against HQ GM when he took over Pontiac and produced the GTO. Pontiac was the old maid teachers car. Buick was "the doctors" car, and Chevy were the only ones producing high performance vehicles for GM, i.e. fuel injected 57 Bel Airs, corvettes, etc. DeLorean bucked the system and won big when the GTO became a hit. GM pulled out of NASCAR and anyone running a GM nameplate got no factory backing. The one year Petty ran an Olds, he didn't get a dime from GM. It was right after Chrysler pulled out. When GM came back in, that's when Petty switched to Pontiac and got factory backing. GM's Olds and Buick Divisions couldn't really get people to buy their cars and eventually pulled out. Then Pontiac because the Gran Prix was just not selling. I think that's when deals were made with the Chevy Division and stand today. Your right about who can do what on the track. If you were Earnhardt, you could do anything you wanted.

Pack