The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Nascar

Tomarrow is going to be a historic day for NASCAR, There will be a Black guy in the race, A black guy qualified a Nextel Cup car, First time in 20 years.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2006, 07:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Yet they tore down JAX Raceways where Wendall Scott won his Cup Race against Buck Baker and other legends. Seems you have to be a Loud mouth to get rememberd by certain people i.e. NAACP, Kasey Kane won the Poll over Ryan Newman(6x poll winner at AMS) and the Sports Section barely noticed. The great Black Hype is driveing a good race car for a good team, I can't wait to hear the excuses why he didn't win if he doesn't get a NASCAR(free pass) break tommorow insted! Remember the Caution flag thrown so Dale Jr could win a race after his Pa died in 2001......... Its been done before and NASCAR can do it again.........
Old 03-20-2006, 04:10 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default JD

I can remember 100s of times NASCAR did something for IT GM boys that helped them, Its real easy if you are the one holding all the cards and someone wants to play.
Late year, Tony Steawert was about to go a lap down and lose the NASCAR Championship when walla a caution for debre that they never showed or no one even went out on the track to fake picking something up.
There are no rules written down for a NASCAR CAR. each track has its own rule book and NASCAR is in charge of the book.
When Kellogs anounced to NASCAR that they would be pulling out of NASCAR racing , Guess what, Next week Terry Labonty won the race, Geeee you think someone might have been looking the other way in car inspection?
NASCAR will never change the way they do NASCAR, Just look at the stands, There full, And also don't kidd yourself either there is nothing fair about NASCAR racing, NASCAR and GM have been togther as partners way to long . Thats why all those cars run so close togther, If Ford has a better airo package, NASCAR just adds a little rear spoiler, you cain't tell the difference but it will make the Fords slow down, If GM is a little down on HP in a restrictor race NASCAR just gives the GM boys a plate with bigger holes in it ( like they do right now).
I don't know anyone that would want to see a "Fair" race but that will never happen, Mostly because the GM cars would ALL be more then a lap down and NASCAR couldn't have that.
Ron
Old 03-20-2006, 05:27 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Rain delay in Atlanta

Race moved to monday.
A lot of sick time will be used on Monday in Atlanta.

Oh yea, Kile Bush is a pussy.

Ron
Old 03-20-2006, 09:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Well looks like Bill Lester raced a clean race 6 laps down and nobody came to see it.... Kasey Kahne led 85 laps on his way to the win in Monday's Golden Corral 500, becoming the first Dodge driver to celebrate in Atlanta's Victory Lane since 1977 with driver Richard Petty and finally got his Pole Award recognition. Congrats to Kasey for a good win. I don't know what happened to these drivers acting like they are out of the Championship after just 4 races?
Alan Kulwicki didn't give up and he won the Championship in 92' from his perseverance.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:31 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default JD

1st, I think Richard Petty drove a Plymoth.
2ND, The drivers run scared because of the money. The top drivers (Gordon, Jr, Kensit, Jerrit) etc make 20 million a year to drive, The get 0 if there not driving, Human nature takes over and says be carefull. Nascar makes around 500 million each race weekend. So there insentive is to keep the race competitive to bring in the fans. It all is about $. I like watching ASA racing.
I go to a local dirt track on Saturday night, now thats racing.

Ron
Old 03-23-2006, 01:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Talking

Ron , Yep ASA , Hooters Pro Cup, and the local Dirt Track at Golden Isles Speedway are more fun to watch. I checked the Records for Richard Petty and they have him driving a Dodge Magnum in 77' In 1969 Richard was having Money difficulties with Plymouth so he Switched to Ford with a 69' Torino. He won at Riverside, Martinsville x2, Kingsport ,Dover, Beltsville, Nashville, Maryville, Winston-Salem, and finished 2nd in the Points with 10 wins(the win at Macon was in a 68' Plymouth) ,pretty good his first and last season in a FORD I think its neat Petty, Wallace and Earndhardt all at one time raced a Ford. Rusty came the closest winning another Championship in the #2 Ford. I am glad for the internet because my fuzzy brain gets confused at times who drove what when

Everytime I hear J.Gordon claiming that Days of Thunder was based on him I get a good Laugh. Here is the rest of the story:Harry Hyde was then paired with new driver Tim Richmond, a young open-wheel racer from Ashland, Ohio, as Hendrick expanded to a two-car operation. The brashness of the new driver from outside the southern stock car circuit did not initially sit well with the notably irascible Hyde. However, after a few races they developed a relationship and began to win races. This season was the source of much of the story line for the motion picture Days of Thunder. Hyde's character was portrayed by Robert Duvall.The team was very successful in 1986. Richmond won 7 races and finished third in points behind legends Dale Earnhardt and Darrell Waltrip.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:01 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default JD

The cars in days of thunder were made by Exxon. Friend of mine with exxon let me watch a film on how they made them and how they picked which oil brand name would be on whos car, Exxon and Superflow. During a real race at daytona while a caution was out these cars came out on the track and did one lap at around 70 mph.
Gordon, is (was) a very good driver, It also helps when NASCAR officals go to Richard and ask him to bring this driver on board. Jeff never won anything in sprint cars or Bush (to speek of) and all of a sudden he wins big time in Winston Cup, One year Chevy won 14 races, Jeff won 13 of them, Now either the rest of the chevy boys suck or jeff might have been getting some help from NASCAR.
My memory of Petty isn't very good.

Ron
Old 03-23-2006, 07:06 AM

Default Re: JD

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g I can remember 100s of times NASCAR did something for IT GM boys that helped them, Its real easy if you are the one holding all the cards and someone wants to play.
Late year, Tony Steawert was about to go a lap down and lose the NASCAR Championship when walla a caution for debre that they never showed or no one even went out on the track to fake picking something up.
There are no rules written down for a NASCAR CAR. each track has its own rule book and NASCAR is in charge of the book.
When Kellogs anounced to NASCAR that they would be pulling out of NASCAR racing , Guess what, Next week Terry Labonty won the race, Geeee you think someone might have been looking the other way in car inspection?
NASCAR will never change the way they do NASCAR, Just look at the stands, There full, And also don't kidd yourself either there is nothing fair about NASCAR racing, NASCAR and GM have been togther as partners way to long . Thats why all those cars run so close togther, If Ford has a better airo package, NASCAR just adds a little rear spoiler, you cain't tell the difference but it will make the Fords slow down, If GM is a little down on HP in a restrictor race NASCAR just gives the GM boys a plate with bigger holes in it ( like they do right now).
I don't know anyone that would want to see a "Fair" race but that will never happen, Mostly because the GM cars would ALL be more then a lap down and NASCAR couldn't have that.
Ron
Ron...are you saying that NASCAR is nothing more than professional wrestling on wheels????
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Advisor

Its not quite as bad a Pro wrestling, but it has a lot of that in it.
Hears a question for you, Find a rule book for Datona, Nascar/nextel cup series.
Ya can't cause Nascar makes up the rules based on how well the cars do in testing , Nascar gets cars from the top teams and puts them through wind tunnel testing. If the Fords have to little drag they add spoiler, If the Fords have to much power down the straight away nascar takes away front spoiler. Its the only way that nascar can keep the GM cars competative. A few years ago when the 88 ran down the straightaway at Datona and pulled away from JR is the last time that the restrictor plate was the same for Ford and GM, Gm cars get 1 inch holes in there restrictor plates and Fords have 15/16 holes. Nascar wont even let Ford run an engine built in this malenium. GM cars have the LS 1 and 2 engine without the fuel injected . Ford engines are 351 Clevland. There wouldn't be much of a race if Ford could use the same year tecnoligy as the GM cars use. But thats the way it has always been with Nascar and Ford.
The First year that Ford made the Boss 429 hemi Nascar only let them run it a few races and outlawed it,
Ford teams hold there own in spite of nascars rules against Ford or For GM.
Penalties are not the same for the Ford teams as for the GM teams. Even DW said on TV one day, "the likes of Gorden and Jr are supposted to be winning"
None of these teams are going to bad mouth Nascar on TV, Theres way to much money in it. Even if it is not fair. The Big sponcer of a team, (the one on the hood) pays that team owner 30 million to put there name on the hood. I cost about 15-20 mil to operated a Nextel cup car for a year. That means Jack Roush is making around 50-60 million $ a year just in Nextel cup, Jack may be hot headed but he aint stupid.
When Exxon was a sub sponcor (the deck area) they had to payover 5 million for the Exxon logal to go on the trunk.
Fair? no way is Nascar fair. WWF not quite yet.

Ron