The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Nascar

Nascar just ran a commercial that said What happens when the ones that are supposed to be in the Nextel hunt aren't in the hunt, And they showed pictures of Jeff Gordon and Jr. and then they said , It makes them go faster , or something like that. Thats NASCAR, pushing Jeff Gordon and Dale jr. Do you suppose Nascar might want them to win?
Its much easier to go threw NASCAR tec inspection if NASCAR wants you to win.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

If JG and Jr. can't put together a real TEAM that works together as a team and the drivers keep out of the way of trouble ahead and not cause trouble themselves both drivers are well capable of winning races. Heads up with just Gordon against Earnhart in identical cars prepared identically I think that I'd put my money on Gordon but with 43 cars on the track you have to realize that there's a whole bunch of talent out there and a great deal of that talent is coming from those that never drove in a Winston Cup race because they hadn't finished high school yet.
I have no idea how many races these past two years have finished with the second place car within a second of the winner and that IS good racing.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Wonder who's gonna be kissing the bricks tomorrow?
Old 08-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Stick

Old 08-06-2006, 06:23 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Does this car look like a Dodge?
Nascar officals attempt in makeing the Dodges competitive. I hate to see what the Toyotas profile will look like. Maybe it would be better for nascar just to not allow Fords to race Nascar, instead of this crap.
They did that to Audi one year in Sports car racing , Officals said Audi had an unfair advantage, They were to fast? So you can't run an Audi?
Old 08-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

JJ Wins
Old 08-08-2006, 04:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron, JJ won me $500! I was rootin' for Jeff Burton but his car went away. When I found out JJ was my guy for the money....I couldn't believe the luck.

What I really wanted to tell you about was when Jeff Gordon was having a problem. Watched them in his pit when one of the crew signaled that it was some sort of control arm. I knew he'd be going about 10-15 laps down. What happens? He goes back on the track and poof!...."caution for debris". Ahh, yeah right. I was watching the pit and as soon as the part arrived at his pit a caution came out. Gee, what a stroke of luck. I believe you when you say that there are certain guys NASCAR looks out for and saw it first hand Sunday. I was pissed.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:44 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Pack
Nascar has been doing this for a very Long, Long Time.
The France family (Bill) has had a long standing with GM and sence Exxon and GM hooked up , Bills kid has gone with an eye on Exxon also,
The Fance's and Dale Earnhearth made Nascar what it is today. Dale was a Great lose to NASCAR and GM.
30 years ago there were two kinds of people in this Country, Ford people and Chevy people, The France's were (and still are) chevy people.
You have to Know the Rick Hendrics, Richard Childress story to understand the Frances thing with Gordon and jr.
Even this "Lucky Dog " thing was just another way for Nascar to have contol of the race and the outcome.
Hears how,
the 20 delibertly wrecks someone, 20 gets held a lap in the pits for agressive driving, 20 is now the first car 1 lap down , caution comes out and 20 gets back on lead lap, he changes two tires and is again in the top 10 on the lead lap. the only thing that is changed is the car that 20 wrecked, he's out.

I even wrote a letter to the Fance family asking them to have one race at a 1 mile track that the cars were given the same rules, just one. Not that I expected an answer, but there was none.

The fans have no idea that the GM cars are given such an advantage and now Dodge and next will be Toyota (although, I don't think Toyota will need any help) , The fans see Fords and Chevys and Dodges, and maybe thats good, after all It wouldn't be much of a race if the rules were the same for everyone, With all the Fords being several laps ahead, the GM boys wouldn't show up.

Nascar minipultes the cars 3 main ways, Front spoiler , Rear spoiler, and engine type.
The fans can't tell if the GM cars have a 1/2 in less spoiler than the Fords or the angle of the spoiler is 45 degrees instead of 55 degrees. GM cars use a LS1 or LS2 engine (with a Carb.) while the Fords have to use a Clevland design, Ford hasn't made a Cleveland for a long time. And still the Fords are getting around 850 hp out of that old design, while the GM boys struggle to get 800 hp. It doesn't take a real smart guy to figure out that 850 beats 800 most days unless there are some changes made.

NASCAR will never change until all the Frances are gone, and Im not sure that would be good, you can't have one make run away with all the wins, Unless , of course, its a Chevy.

Dang, I wrote alot.
Ron
Old 08-08-2006, 04:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

BTW me and the wife noticed Jeffy didn't get black flaged for going 3mph below the min during those laps before he came into the pits to put that part on and get back racing . Another fact to add to the facts about the France family preferances. BP was mentioning this also just before Nascar threw the Caution for Gordon.

Prayers out to Benny Parsons for his Lung Cancer he is being treated for
http://nmsn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/5816894
Old 08-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Nascar
Jack Roush and Robert Yates, Have figured out Nascar. A long time ago When Ford came out with teh Boss 429 hemi, and stuffed it in a tal-a- dag-a, Nascar let them rase one race with it and banned it. , Richard petty had been running a Hemi for about 15 year then, BUUUUUUT. Most of the cars that were running The Grand Nationals were making around 550 hp. The Boss came out with around 750 HP. Not much of a race.
Now that Jack and Robert are building engines togeather, The cars are making some real hp. And the drivers instead of running away from the field are just racing and not showing there hand, Cause if you beat the chevy boys but a lap , well that ain't good and we must make you drag an anker or something.

Oh yea. I forgot, Jeff Gordon Sucks.

Ron