The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2004, 07:24 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to grasshopper
Smile M/Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by MORTARDUDE Susan :

Ouch....it sounds real cold up there....Is this the coldest part of the year for you ? Just curious, have you lived most of your life in that area ? Do you ever really get used to the cold ? As soon as I retire and we take care of some business around here, I believe we are going to move to Florida. Probably somewhere north of Destin / Panama City / Mexico Beach area...not too near the coast ( Hurricanes ! ), but where we can enjoy the ocean and the good weather. My wife and are both tired of the Memphis area, I have lived here all my 55 years...looks like we are going to have another 50+ degree swing in couple of days which, this time of year, could me thunderstorms or tornadoes...we get it all......( we are still cleaning up, all over the county, from the 110+ MPH straight-line-winds from last July !! ).

Yes, I love his quotes too. Pretty much my philosopy now...

Please try to keep warm !!! It is going to be about 72 degrees F. here tomorrow ... LOL ( Go figure )

Larry

Well January is cold yes. Feb too. We just never know though. Had unseasonal high temps all winter.. until this cold spell snuck in from who knows where!

Rightnow.. the temp is about -25C (-14F) but with the windchill it feels like -34C (-31F). sigh. Usually we are 'used' to it by now but not this year! Heck it was above 0C (32F) about a week or so ago! go figure eh?

yes, I have lived up here all of my life. And yeah, ya do get used to the cold. Funny thing.... when the fall comes.. we complain about the 'cold ' weather, say .. oh ... i dunno... 5C or -3C.. then AFTER the worst of the winter... when it warms back up to -3C or 5C or so.. it feel downright balmy outside! Weird how that works huh?

I always say I am going to move to a warm winter place someday. someone has to keep up the traditions of being a Canadian Snowbird..lol. But in all reality.. I would miss the cold and the snow. WellI would miss the snow anyways.. and the cooler weather. The intense, freeze your bunsoff cold.. I think I wouldn't miss.. but us Saskatchewanians are a special lot (just ask us) and we are bred tough as nails and twice as strong. And I would miss the cold briefly anyways lolol.

It is all a matter of what one is used to or grows up with. Me, I love the hot.. but I would get tired of it on a 24/7 basis year after year.. I think anyways. Sure would love to test that theory. hahahaha! I was in Oz on year at Xmas.. sure missed the snow. And it sure looked weird to see Xmas decorations in the dirt.

BRRRRRRRRRRRR Dang good thing I plugged the car in tonite!

Susan

~Vote PATRIOT FILES in the \"Top 100\"~
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2004, 07:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Brrrrrrrr !!!!

Larry
Old 01-03-2004, 01:40 PM

-39C(-38F) with the windchill...brrrrrrrr -27C(-17F) without ewwwwww

ok.. time to move, me thinks...

Frick but that is cold out and it isn't even 4 pm here yet waaaaaaa!

Frozen Grasshopper

Old 01-03-2004, 02:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Its Been Snowing and Blowing

Its been snowing and blowing since New Years.

Shoveling and driving in that white stuff. I'm sick of snow and winter has just started.

I'm moving in with Tom and James in San Fransico.

Keith
Old 01-03-2004, 04:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The weather in Memphis today was about 74 degrees F. with wind gusts about 25 MPH. Very strange for 1/3....I am always on the lookout for violent thunderstorms or even tornadoes..but it seems the Arctic air above us is moving rather slowly South..which is good. Supposed to get back in the lower 20s degrees F. on Monday and Tuesday. No rain today even though the humidity was 80%...a very nice day..

Larry
Old 01-03-2004, 05:09 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Hey Susan!

Let's run away from the Snow and Minus degree weather and Move in With James and Tom.

Larry,

Don't rub it in!

Keith
Old 01-03-2004, 07:02 PM

okey dey Keith! But I get my own room! lolol...
you wanna tell em we are on our way or shall we surprise em?

BTW.... the low tonite here is posed to be about -35C (-31F) but with the wind... yikes... it will like -45C (-49F)

Do ya think it is too early to catch a plane to SF tomorrow???

Let's see... prairie weather check....top up the petro .. yep... plug in da vehicle...Yep.... turn up the thermostat.. yuppers... sleep in fleece jammies.... you betcha!

waaaaaaaaaaa i wanna move south........way south....
how does Oz sound????

Old 01-03-2004, 08:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post We are only at

WE are only at -6 tonight and -12 tomorrow night.

Plenty cold for me. We only have a total of 10 inches of snow on the grown. But that's enough for me.

Definitely separate rooms. Wouldn't want any rumors spread around.

I'd have bring my wife (Susan) she hates cold winters as much as I.

Keith
Old 01-04-2004, 10:26 AM

Talking

Keith:

you crack me up!

So when do the 3 of us leave? With a wife with a name like Susan... she must be one heck of a gal! ....just ask us Susan's .....

I am all packed!

Frozen Saskatoon Berry