The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2005, 10:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Republicans Need Not Apply

Republicans Need Not Apply
Matt Drudge reports that Michelle Zipp has been fired as editor of Playgirl magazine for being a Republican. He quotes an e-mail from Zipp:

After your coverage of my article about coming out and voting Republican, I did receive many letters of support from fellow Republican voters, but it was not without repercussions. Criticism from the liberal left ensued. A few days after the onslaught of liberal backlash, I was released from my duties at Playgirl magazine.

After underlings expressed their disinterest of working for an outed Republican editor, I have a strong suspicion that my position was no longer valued by Playgirl executives. I also received a phone call from a leading official from Playgirl magazine, in which he stated with a laugh, "I wouldn't have hired you if I knew you were a Republican."

I just wanted to let you know of the fear the liberal left has about a woman with power possessing Republican views.

Playgirl is within its rights, of course, but we wonder if any of the liberals who've been defending Ward Churchill's "free speech" will speak up for Zipp. We're not holding our breath.
OpinionJournal - Best of the Web Today - March 21, 2005

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2005, 02:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

isn't that always the truth :cd: I always hear the call for diversity in the workplace and elsewhere but is there truly diversity when ones personal views gets one fired :cd: I think the only Job she could legitimately get fired from for being a Republican is if she worked for the DNC
Old 03-21-2005, 02:22 PM

I smell a huge law suit. Discrimination because of political party membership? If someone fired me because I was a Republican I'd end up owning the company. This is just plain WRONG! It's no different than firing someone because they are black or are jewish! WTF is wrong with the people at Playgirl? They must be brain dead.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote