The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2006, 05:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Only worked with a Kit Carson scout once. He found a trail and we started following it with him saying the whole time Beau Koo NVA . Was wired pretty tight till we came across pig shit on the trail and realized we were on a pig trail. We never captured anyone , not even a pig
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2006, 06:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

We had four Kit Carson Scouts all former NVA. When I arrived at my company we just had one, Duc. He was an old Vietnamese and knew his shit and was trusted by everyone in the company. When we moved from III Corp to I Corp we got three more, all young men. We named them Ringo, he had long Beatle like hair, Peanut, and Elvis. Ringo was KIA 2/16/69 along with Willie Wogan. Peanut was still with the company when I left in Aug. 69? and we caught Elvis making trail markers and he was killed while trying to escape, at least that?s what the official report states. We became suspicious of him when he refused to go down into a tunnel that was under a hooch. Peanut went in and found an RPG and five B-40?s. He was watched very closely by Duc after that and he was the one who saw him making the trail markers. Duc left the company soon after for whatever commitment he had made to serve with us was over. Think he got his 40 acres and a mule, or is that water buffalo?

Here?s a picture of Peanut with a guy named Ray Fuqua, on the left, and myself at Camp Eagle in 68?

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:13 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 

We had a KC Scout with the 1/27 Wolfhounds. in the morning he used to grab the antenna mast with his arms and extend himself out from the mast parallel to the ground and hold that position for about 20 minutes then let himself back down. He was a former Sapper, everytime we moved to a new firebase we would have him survey it and then tell us how he would attack it.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Kit Carson Scouts? Not on your life!

I'm not sure we ever had the option of taking out KC Scouts but I can predict the resounding NO if we'd been offfered. Someone who will turn on his comrades once will do it again and you didn't get dress rehearsals on this.
What we had were the best thing ever--Yard Scouts, mercenaries. Give me someone who's in it for the buck, sometimes patriotism wanes.
They were the best ever because it was all their backyard--they grew up in it. They not only knew the ground but thte people. And they HATED the Vietrnamese, N orth Vietnamese especially, though they enjoyed fucking with the South Vietnamese, too an d would go out looking to kickass on them. The Vietnamese didn't like them much either and looked down on them, much as the US did on our own "niggers" (Don't forget, we were officially a White Supremacist country through much of the Vietnam War).
But these guys knew everything about the country and in addition, were the best fighting South Vietnamese I ever saw. (I SEEN South Vietnamese run during a battle!)
Our guide, Willy, saved us more than once from dangerous mistakes, he was invaluable, We took him out on about half the patrols we were on
Stay good
James
Old 05-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Yards

we worked with some yards a few times. They didn't like working with us, Or so we were told, They said we made to much noise.
No way,,, 40 or 50 Americans make to much noise, I was hurt.
Those guys were nasty. seems they always had a peace of meat of some kind in there (pocket?) or hanging around there neck.
I will say this though, When one would stop all of a sudden, The group went into a group pucker factor of 13 out of 10.
These Yards weren't really with us anyway, they were with some 101 guys that were with us or we were with them, Im not sure.