The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2006, 07:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Veterans Disability Benefits Commission In Atlanta!

This is for all my "homies" in the Atlanta Metro area!

Please try and attend this meeting if at all possible!

This is your opportunity to voice your opinions about this commissions duty to do the right thing when they report their recommendations to the Whitehouse and Congress.

##########

VETS' COMMISSION TO MEET IN ATLANTA ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5 -- "Road Show" meeting of the Veterans' Disability Benefits Commission (VDBC) will take testimony from veterans.

The next "Road Show" meeting of the VDBC will be in Atlanta on Tuesday, September 5.
Veterans in the area should plan to attend and give their testimony.
Let the Commission know what you think...it all goes into the official record!
Here is a report on the July meeting in Seattle... http://www.vawatchdog.org/old%
20newsflashes%20JUL%2006/newsflash07-21-2006-5.htm
Vets' Commission web site here... http://www.vetscommission.org/index.asp
Information on Atlanta meeting below:

---------------

VETERANS? DISABILITY BENEFITS COMMISSION

Southern Regional Public Meeting Notice & Agenda

The Veterans' Disability Benefits Commission is hosting a regional town hall meeting open to the public on September 5, 2006, in the Marriott Atlanta Century Center, located at 2000 Century Boulevard NE, in Atlanta (3.5 miles from the Atlanta VA Medical Center & Atlanta VA Regional Office).

The meeting will begin at 7:00 pm and end at 9:00 pm.

The purpose of the Commission is to carry out a study of the benefits under the laws of the United States that are provided to compensate and assist veterans and their survivors for disabilities and deaths attributable to military service.

Interested persons may attend the meeting to present oral statements to the Commission.

Oral presentations will be limited to five minutes or less, depending on the number of participants.

Interested parties may also provide written comments for review by the Commission at any time via e-mail to veterans@vetscommission.intranets.com or by mail to Ms. Kathleen Greve, Senior Policy Analyst, Veterans' Disability Benefits Commission, 1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 5th Floor, Washington, DC 20004.

Tuesday, September 5, 2006

7:00 pm Commission Southern Regional Town Hall Meeting
7:00 ? 7:30 Briefing from the Commission
7:30 ? 9:00 Open discussion for Public Comment

The Commission members who will be participating in Atlanta:

Team Leader: James E. Livingston, MG, USMC (Ret)
Donald M. Cassiday, COL, USAF (Ret)
John Holland Grady

Commission staff: Ms. Kathleen Greve

For additional information about the Commission, its charter, members, activities and research, please visit: http://www.vetscommission.org

---------------

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2006, 08:47 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Like the way you classify it as a road show, that is what exactly what it is a side show for a carnival of idiots.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 08-30-2006, 12:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Is

anyone from the Atlanta area planning on attending this meeting?

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 08-31-2006, 06:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default OK Guys % Gals

I keep hearing and reading a considerable amount of concern from a lot of folks on this forum regarding the 'issues' that this Veterans Disability Benefits Commission is dealing with.

This meeting will be held in the early evening and should hopefully be at a time where it wouldn't involve a conflict with most folks private affairs or business.

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO VOICE YOUR CONCERNS, PROTESTS, OUTRAGE, ASK QUESTIONS------WHATEVER!............SO THESE GUYS WILL BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND HOW PHUCKING IMPORTANT THESE ISSUES ARE TO US!

I know a LOT of folks who live in the Metro Atlanta area, and some folks who are less than a 4 or 5 hour drive from Atlanta that COULD attend this meeting and ask questions, voice opinions and so on.

If I can drive nine or ten hours to North "Jawga" for the Psyco-vets cookout on the mountain near Ellijay.......SURELY-----SURELY----a few of the folks who are in a resonable driving distance from Atlanta can ATTEND THIS MEETING??????????????????

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 08-31-2006, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

I don't know Steve. I'd just luv to go if Dr. Sally gonna be there. I feel a flashback cummin on.
Seriously though I think I'll try to get up there just to see and hear as long as there isn't too much BS and finger pointing.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Thanks Stick!

Please try and write down a few things you have questions or concerns about. The VDBC will give each individual at least 5 minutes to offer up their concerns or ask questions. And, it ALL goes "on the record".

I attended the meeting here in St. Petersburg, FL. a few monrths ago and found it to be very informative. I think most of the folks on this Commission really want to do the right thing for all military veterans,. Only the Chariman (General Scott) and a couple of others seem dead set to try and reduce or deny benefits DESPITE what the say in public!...............Their past history and actions on this Commision PROVE what their real intent is!

Thanks again for planning to go................Please give us an "after action report' after you attend the meeting..............and TRY to get more folks to go.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

Old 09-08-2006, 02:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Did

anyone from the Atlanta area have a chance to go to this meeting?????

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"