Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2008, 05:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Russians Comply with Obama's Request for Cease-Fire

(ABC) August 13, 2008
7:44 AM

"The Senator's goal was to be tough and smart," Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine said of Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, "and so when the action (in Georgia) happened on Thursday, Barack Obama immediately called for a ceasefire, and condemned the unwarranted use of force by Russia. It was a bad crisis for the world. It required tough words, but also a smart approach to call on the international community to step in -- and I'm very, very happy that the senator's request for a ceasefire has been complied with by President Medvedev.”

Steve / 82Rigger
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2008, 07:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82Rigger View Post
(ABC) August 13, 2008

"The Senator's goal was to be tough and smart," Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine said of Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, "and so when the action (in Georgia) happened on Thursday, Barack Obama immediately called for a ceasefire, and condemned the unwarranted use of force by Russia. It was a bad crisis for the world. It required tough words, but also a smart approach to call on the international community to step in -- and I'm very, very happy that the senator's request for a ceasefire has been complied with by President Medvedev.”

This is an intersting story. I don't think its possible to judge who's right/wrong about this, but one thing for sure---it shows once again the Bush administration's absolute failure of leadership.
What is Bush doing about this? as far as I can see, nothing but empty rhetoric. The world knows our military is too stretched out to do anything more. And our Secretary of State? She's supposed to be a Russian expert---maybe she could break away from buying shoes to do something about this.

After 9/11, Bush supposedly looked into Putin's eyes and said he'd found a soulmate and it turned out he had--Putin has done as much to take away individual rights in Russia as Bush has in America. Why can't Georgieboy sit down with his soul mate and work things out?? Oh thats right, Bush has NO diplomatic abilities at all.

the Bush administration did what Bush's dad did in Iraq with the Kurds---they enticed Georgia to break away from Russia, promising admittance to Nato and other help and then when the crisis comes, Bush sits down and reads My Pet Goat again.

So we've lost whatever traction or leverage we had in the situtation, both with the Russians and the georgians. Good thing Sarkozy went in and worked things out or it would have been another world crisis that Bush where Bush failed entirely. (viz: darfur).

its time we got a leader that knows what diplomacy is and the repuglicans sure have failed to provide one.

Stay good, Steve
James
Old 08-13-2008, 08:06 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Rigger,...

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!,...in that there are many silly Americans like exllrp whom duplicitously state that The Russians called a: "Ceasefire" SOLELY because Barack
Hussein Obama Jr. also jumped on The Bush (many others also) Bandwagon for same,
in Georgia. What Dem Duplicity could possibly be next?

Will Typical Falsely Taking Credit Dem Hacks also be taking Credit for: "The Surge" in Iraq
working so-damn-well even though Obama was AGAINST IT from-the-git-go,...and STILL
AMAZINGLY & STUPIDLY stated being AGAINST IT Even After PROVED Quite Successful.

Believe exllrp and such, and might just as well propagate that TOTAL Democrat Rule will
Tax all Americans MUCH LESS & Dems actually wish to WIN AGAINST TERRORISM,...
which obviously also are both about as similarly stupid believing as it gets.

Neil
Old 08-13-2008, 09:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
(ABC) August 13, 2008

Tim Kaine probably drinks from the same Kool-Aid dispenser as anybody who believes that Junior's words had anything to do with the lowering of gas prices. Medvedev pays about as much attention to what Junior says as I do about visiting Martians.

The imperialist actions of the Russians has nothing to do with the current administration; it is simply the Russians paranoid way of trying to pump themselves back into a world superpower. The Russians are also making moves towards the Baltic states as well; this is the proverbial '3:00 am' telephone call that has been batted around during this interminable political campaign. From a photo op I saw of Junior, he really doesn't know how to answer a phone.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-13-2008, 10:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default This Is Hillarious!

If I remember correctly President Bush and the State Department filed complaints with Russia almost immediately after the invasion. Secretary of State Rice immediately flew to the area and complained. Other world leaders have been complaining but its Senator Obama that finally puts the pressure on to stop the fight, Yah Right! This is the ultimate spin job. Even rational thinking liberals should be able to see through the spin on this one. If wasn't sad that many people read and believe this stuff it would be right down hillarious. I am sure that if Obama was president he would send his secretary of state to complain to the Russians also. I'm sure that Russia probably took note that the potential U.S. Presidents McCain and Obama both complained but I'm also sure it was the heads of state from around the world and that were more responsible for the cease fire than Senator Obama's complaint.
Come on get real Liberal Spinners.

Keith
Old 08-13-2008, 11:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There you go again, using an oxymoron - "rational thinking liberals" - to make your point! Doesn't the latest Physicians' Desk Reference defines 'liberalism' as a mental disease?

Last edited by SuperScout; 08-13-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Georgia beat Russia in Olympic Beach Volleyball.

We're doing this wrong!

We need to resolve this conflict with hot women in bikinis!

Steve / 82Rigger
Old 08-13-2008, 11:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

Quote:
Georgia beat Russia in Olympic Beach Volleyball.

We're doing this wrong!

We need to resolve this conflict with hot women in bikinis!
Steve,
Then you believe vice is better than war?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_Hixson View Post
Steve,
Then you believe vice is better than war?
I'll answer on his behalf: betcha there's been less blood spilled on account of the vice that Steve's talking about than in war! Besides, as speaking from personal experience, there's more pleasure in vice than war.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-13-2008, 04:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Brice, Brice, Brice,

If the world is ruled by women in bikinis we are all headed to hell in a hand basket.

Keith