The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2004, 10:45 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question E-mail Charges?

Received the following via e-mail from a pastor friend. Don't know if it is factual (?), and another friend at a local TV station said, and I quote: "doesnt exist as far as I can tell...jw."

Does anyone out there have any info on this! If true, it's just another way of ripping us off to pay for foreign pork, and/or to stiffle much free speech! (opinion)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Guess the warnings were true. Federal Bill 602P charges 5-cents per E-mail sent. It figures! No more free E-mail! We knew this was coming!! Bill 602P will permit the Federal Government to charge a 5-cent charge on every delivered E-mail.
Please read the following carefully if you intend to stay online and continue using E-mail. The last few months have revealed an alarming trend in the Government of the United States attempting to quietly push through legislation that will affect our use of the Internet. Under proposed legislation, the US Postal Service will be attempting to bill E-mail users out of "alternative postage
fees."
Bill 602P will permit the Federal Government to charge a 5-cent surcharge on every e-mail delivered, by billing Internet Service Providers at source. The consumer would then be billed in turn by the ISP. &n bsp; Washington DC lawyer Richard Stepp is working without pay to prevent this legislation from becoming law. The US Postal Service is claiming lost revenue, due to the
proliferation of E-mail, is costing nearly $230,000,000 in revenue per year. You may have noticed their recent ad campaign: "There is nothing like a letter.."
Since the average person received about 10 pieces of E-mail per day in 1998, the cost of the typical individual would be an additional 50 cents a day -- or over $180 per year -- above and beyond their regular Internet costs. Note that this would be money paid directly to the US Postal Service for a service they do not even provide.
The whole point of the Internet is democracy and noninterference. You are already paying an exorbitant price for snail mail because of bureaucratic inefficiency. It currently takes up to 6 days for a letter to be delivered from coast to coast. If the US Postal Service is allowed to tinker with E-mail, it will mark the end of the "free" Internet in the United States. Congressional representative, Tony Schnell (R) has even suggested a "$20-$40 per month surcharge on all Internet service" above and beyond the governments proposed E-mail charges. Note that most of the major newspapers have ignored the story the only exception being the Washingtonian which called the idea of E-mail surcharge "a useful concept who's time has come" (March 6th, 1999 Editorial). Do not sit by and watch your freedom erode away!
Send this E-mail to EVERYONE on your list, and tell all your friends and relatives to write their congressional representative and say "NO" to Bill 602P.
It will only take a few moments of your time and could very well be instrumental in killing a bill we do not want. PLEASE FORWARD!

VERITAS?

:cd:
Old 01-29-2004, 10:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

check www.snopes.com ... looks bogus to me..

Larry
Old 01-29-2004, 11:02 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to travisab1

HARDCORE;
How many times have you hit the delete button without ever reading an E-Mail sent to you?

If immediate impeachment was mandatory for undesirable lawmaker's/politician's. How many of these ridiculous Idea's would come up?

Voting and letter/E-Mail writing have always proved to be ineffective in the past.ie Florida. I'm glad Bush made it instead of the Gored tho Bush ain't that much better.

Somehow the Citizen's have got to have the ability to make laws for themselves. We can no longer depend on Lawmaker's, the Gun Ban, Patriot Act, The Geneva Convention being broken, ETC...

Somehow the Citizen's are going to have to make the law's in the future and get rid of stupid law's made by irresponsible lawmakers.

Got Idea's.

Regards,
Travis

I could sure use another one right about now...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 12:24 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy

ANDY - Honest, the arresting officer even went into detail on how in Washington, it was illegal to break even one's own property in anger! "And granted, there were other charges!!"

TRAVIS - Geneva Convention Indeed, and then there was the Nuremberg Tribunals which (I understand), outlawed (among other things), experimentation upon unwitting, ill-informed non-volunteers! This, however, did not stop many nations (U.S. included from doing it anyway), as per DAIG-IN 21-75, COS MEMO 385, Church Senate Investigation and Report of 1977 etc, etc! Many in power then denied, intimidated, threatened, and attempted to destroy any records of same and worse!! (VERIFIABLE!!)

VERITAS
Old 01-29-2004, 05:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to travisab1

HARDCORE;
Are these two link's below the ### signs what you are referring to in the BLUE?

If not I'd sure like to see all those URL's that have put us all in peril at the hands of Scientists/Government. Mustard Gas/Pioson Gas, What ever?

"Veterans at Risk: The Health Effects of Mustard Gas and Lewisite (1993)
Institute of Medicine (IOM)"
The Quote above refers to the link just below the ### line.
A very disturbing article/URL. I'm not sure about the link just below it although it seems interesting.
##########################################
##########################################

http://books.nap.edu/books/030904832X/html/378.html
http://www.forscom.army.mil/pubs/Pub.../FC25-01-9.pdf

Regards,
Travis

I could sure use another one right about now...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 05:49 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

The email surcharge is a hoax. It's been around for a while. If you go to http://thomas.loc.gov/ you can look up any bill by the bill number, or by keywords. 602P is an invalid bill number. Also, they have actually passed legislation to make spam illegal, but it's virtually un-enforcable. There are too many ways to spoof an address. And lastly, the sure-fire, absolute best way to know that any particular email is a hoax is this line:

Send this E-mail to EVERYONE on your list, and tell all your friends and relatives ...

I'm absolutely certain that you already knew all of this, but just in case, I thought I'd put your mind at ease.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:15 AM

Microsoft: "magic" spam solution overhyped

Bill Gates has claimed that Microsoft has "the magic solution" to ridding the world of spam.

January 27, 2004 7:07 PM GMT (Datamonitor) - Bill Gates thinks the spam problem could be solved in the next 18 to 24 months, and that his company has the tools to do it, according to reports of speeches Microsoft's [MSFT] chief software architect made over the weekend. However, neither of his solutions seem likely to make such an impact by 2006.

Microsoft has two techniques in mind for solving the spam issue, both based on the premise of changing the economics of email to place a greater burden on the sender.

First, the company is known to be working on a "computational challenge" system, whereby a recipient email system gives the sending system a mathematical problem to work out before it will allow the email through to the end user.

The math takes mere seconds to process, meaning normal personal email usage would be largely unaffected. But bulk mailers, sending out millions of spams per day, would either have to invest in costly high performance systems or go out of business.

The second technology Mr Gates is talking up involves actually bringing economics, a dollar value, into the email system. Email users would have white-lists of approved senders, and could set a monetary fee for non-listed users to send email.

Using this system, the recipient gets to decide whether the email they have received is spam, and whether the sender gets charged the fee. The system would be like a postal service where only marketers have to pay for stamps.

It's difficult to see how either of the systems Microsoft is proposing could kill spam off worldwide in just two years, even given the fact that Microsoft is probably the only company dominant enough to pull off such a trick.

The computational method would presumably require email recipients to be running the software. There could be a viral effect, with senders obliged to also run the software, but two years seems wildly optimistic for global adoption of a platform not yet available.

The digital postage stamp method seems even more improbable to have such speedy adoption. Somebody would have to collect and process the payments after all. Chances are Microsoft sees a revenue opportunity here.

This article is based on material originally published by ComputerWire
Old 02-03-2004, 09:33 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb

TRAVIS et al -

DAIG-IN 21-75 (Department of The Army, Inspector General), and COS MEMO 385 (Army Chief of Staff), declassified, were sent to me under the Freedom of Information Act (years ago and under a different administration). It took presidential action to get Military Records to break loose of scant portions of my own records that they previously refused to release!

The two documents that I listed (DAIG-IN 21-75, well over two- hundred pages long, and COS 385), coupled with the Church Senate Report of 1977, on the use of (so called) volunteers in military experimentation during the Cold War (1955-1967 and beyond I suspect), cover the distorted rationale, authorization, individuals, corporations, and even government entities, involved in these domestic atrocities - mostly the use of hallucinogenic drugs on unwitting, un-informed, uniformed human lab rats!

You might also want to dig up data on the Tuskegee Experiments, Naval Mustard Gas Testing, the often denied Manhattan Project experiments using unwitting civilian personnel, our Atomic Veterans and MK ULTRA, etc, etc!!

"Then if you still believe that "The Truth Will Set You Free", you had better also ask : "FREE FROM WHAT" - Life perhaps, as was the case with Frank Olson, a former researcher for the "Powers That Be!?"

"Ah, but what the Hell, these "ConspiracyTheories are but baseless, celluloid fantasies - right?!" (DREAM ON!!) :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd: :cd:

VERITAS