The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2002, 07:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Republican Congress Legacy = Current Corporate "Meltdown"

One thing that seems to have been "swept under the rug" in recent political history is the role of the Republican Congress contributing (surely the MAJOR contributing factor) played in the recent "rash" of corporate fraud cases; ie: Enron, Worldcom, Xerox, Qwest, etc., etc,.

During the past decade of unrelenting profit margins and so-called "growth" of corporate american business there were RECORD collections of an "obscure", (somewhat as yet unknown to most Americans) SEC surcharge which was SUPPOSED to "fund" the Securties and Exchange Commissions Budget "needs". This "surcharge" was begun shortly after the stockmarket colapse during the great depression of 1929 and early 1930's to PREVENT just the kind of "recent things" from happening and ensure the SEC was "staffed" and funded appropiately. During this past recent 10 year period(while the Republicans held ALL the Chairmanships of ALL the Senate & House Appropiations Committees AND a majority in BOTH Houses) a total approaching TWELVE BILLION DOLLARS ($11.7 billion) of this surcharge was collected by the Feds. No more than $3.2 billion EVER made it into the SEC budget.

Why you might ask????

ESPECIALLY, since during the eight year period of the Clinton Administration, the SEC Chairman (Clinton appointee Arthur Leavett) was continually BEGGING and PLEADING with Congressional leaders to INCREASE his departments budget to hire MORE staff and upgrade systems to help investigate and regulate the on-coming tide of "corporate growth". He ALSO pleaded his case for some of the same NEW RULES & REGULATIONS being "proposed" now by politicians. ALL to NO AVAIL! He got virtually NOTHING he asked for and guess what??

We are now paying the PRICE for Congresses "failures" to adequately fund and staff the SEC.

They (Congress) took that OTHER $8.5 billion intended for the SEC for their OWN "Pork-barrell" programs! Now I know that a lot of folks around here are gonna say---LOOK AT Senator Byrd from West Virginia, and some other Democrats who sure as hell took JUST as much as they could "wrestle away" from their Republican counterparts----BUT. And----that's a real LARGE BUT! The R-E-P-U-B-L-I-C-A-N-S held the "reigns" of the runaway "pork" wagon during this time and were ultimately RESPONSIBLE for the "leadership" (and subsequent majority of votes) of ALL COMMITTEES presenting budgetary "options"! Not to mention their own PORK projects!!

Soooooooooo if you're lookin to "place the blame" for ALL this crap that's going on now? You know WHERE to place it!

Now you've got "the whole story", HUH?

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program of "Liberal bashing". Hosted by that paramour of "Right-headedness" and eloquent-tongued rhetoric (inconsequential as it may be), The "Super" one hisseff, SUPERSCOUT!!!

PS---DAMN I'm havin FUN with this $hit, ya know!!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2002, 10:40 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ABNCIB
Default Hi, Gimpy;

I see you started a web site, too;

http://www.drbukk.com/reparations/re...parations.html
Old 07-26-2002, 06:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Nope ABN

That was started by some of my cuzin-in-laws!

HAR!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 07-26-2002, 12:55 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Holy MACKAL (ebonics for mackeral)...Gimpy

As usual, you certainly have the facts and figures about self/clique-serving (above all else) politicos. And, if I wasn't so damn apolitical and believing that most all politicians and/or SCHNORRERS (ie. non-producers living better than most from the labors of others) pretty-much suck,...I'd run right out and join the all-caring and all knowing Democrat/Liberal Party.

Regardless, and joking aside, I do believe that blaming all that ails this country on The Republican Party (or any Party for that matter) is absurd and nonsense. It's merely The System that gives lordly and omnipotent power and control to all elected and appointed officials that's to blame. Hell, everyone knows that lords can do no wrong. "Slick Willy" (ie. Clinton) certainly proved that.

Besides, and since The Republican Party wasn't permitted to control diddly-squat FOR OVER 40 YEARS, you would have everyone believe that in only 8 years, The Republicans are to blame for most everything wrong with America??? Nonsense,...even though the typically twisted and perverted Democrat/Liberal Party Line.

Neil
Old 07-27-2002, 05:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Nope

not to blame for EVERYTHING that's "wrong" with America, for sure. But, SURE as HELL to blame (and many other ailments as well) for what I stated in the post above. The F-A-C-T-S do not lie!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"