The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2003, 02:05 AM

Default bad luck

I am a dissabled navy veteran my knee has now worn out leaving me unable to walk and bed ridden. My wife of 28 years has abbandonne me and taken my 12 year old son. Iwent 2 days without water and food before I could get a sister on the phone . She stole my dissability check .I am 100 percent dissabled from my post office job. She stole my truck so now I cant get anyone to take me to the V A for my doctor visits. Now any way to get my son and truck back . Dont want wife back.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2003, 03:30 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Lock

Welcome.
This is a place where Vets let off a little steam and talk old war stories and just BS with people that have walked the walk.
Whats your Navy story?

I noticed your Birthday, Its a good one. Mine Oct. 2 1947

Ron
Old 05-18-2003, 04:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Locksly...

...ther has to be a Social Service Agency in Tenn that can start the ball rolling for you, If you can reach the phone, start by calling your Veteran's rep,if you have one, and/or any crisis intervention team in your area(any help Fred),...

...If the truck is "titled" in your name, call the police, and report it stolen/ used without permission, and request they help you get it returned...

...keep us informed, and we'll try to guide you along the way...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 05-18-2003, 08:12 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Seat

Don't be so quick to respond to a plee.
A little back ground is always prudent, He has a computer and knows how to use it, If he is a Vet he knows about VA offices.
He also put nothing in his BIO, which doesn't make him bad, it just raises a flag for me.
I had this guy come up to me on the corner and say he was a VN vet and wanted a $1.00 for a coffee. I asked him what his address was and he started raving about how badly he had been treated by the VA and no one cares. I asked him again what his address was and he muttered some profanity as he walked off. I'll never know if he was or wasn't a VN vet because he chose not to tell.
I'ts not to much to ask, If someone is what they say, they will have the answer, and then get some well deserved advise.
If they are not who they say they are, it will be obvious.

Ron
Old 05-18-2003, 01:45 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Locksly,

ALVIN C. YORK VA MEDICAL CENTER.

3400 Lebanon Road Murfreesboro, TN 37129

(615) 893-1360

You call this number and listen to the menu.

My understanding is you are only 15 or 20 min away from this VA. I just talked to them and they said they would get you some help if you called them.

Just push a key until you get a live person even if you are not sure which option to choose.

Explain your situation and tell them you need help now. Don't let some lazy ass person answering the phone shine you on. Keep insisting until you get some results. Perseverance pays off.

As for the stealing of your truck and check. Probably not much you can do about the truck until she brings it back if you are in a community property state. As to your check anyone that cashes it that is not authorized to do so is in in deep serious as you well know. It's up to youwhat kind of action you want to take. Some of us can't draw a hard line on anyone in our life. Just remember the old saying

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".

(been there done that got the t-shirt nothing that deserves a life sentence but does make you feel pretty damn silly)

Well I shot my best shot here trying to help you. The rest is up to you. If you are just playin' around as sometimes happens on this site. That's on you. As to your not having a profile. Don't mean nothin' heck I have one and for all most of these people know I could be a maleundercover Agent for the FBI posing as afemale.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-18-2003, 10:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Most VA's have a DAV Van to pick up vets without transportation to go to their VA appointments. There are other resources for transportation. You might need to talk to a social worker at the VA about your present situation. They are the people to go for referrals.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:35 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Laws

There are 51 sets of laws in the US. Each state has their own and of course there are the Fed's. I've never seen a wife go to jail for cashing the husband's check, even if he didn't sign it, but restitution can and is ordered, depending on the circumstances.
As far as the truck - I hate to disagree with Jerker but in most all states, when two people are married, you are one person in the eyes of the law. You can smash her TV and not go to jail, she can drive off with a boyfriend in your truck. Police will not take a stolen vehicle report if your wife has it and you are still legally married.
You could call the police and file a missing persons report. Make sure to tell them she was very depressed when she left and you are concerned about her health and well being. At least you'll find out where the truck is and you and a friend might go an get it back.
The best thing to do with the check situation is to get social services to help you open up a New checking account and have the check direct deposited. Then HIDE the check book.

Stay healthy, good luck,
Andy
PS: Most states also have lawyers that will work on a sliding scale as sort of a community service. (Check your phone book.) If you still have payments on the truck, you can probably get the payments sent to her in that she has control of the vehicle, you have been excluded from any benefits from the vehicle and you no longer possess it. That would probably have to be done with divorce proceeding.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:15 AM

I called the V A hospital in nash T N and they may be able to send a home heath care nurse and my neighbors are now bringing me food and one church is also sending a lunch. my truck Iam still working on. If I have her arrested Imay lose my son 12yrs old to foster care scence I cant walk yet Iam using leg weights to make my leg stronger .Ifell in November and twisted my knee is why I am not walking. THE v a in Nashville TN ISNT doing much to get me a knee replacement so I havent been walking good with my wore out knee. I hope to see the doc again soon.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

One thing you might try

Sometimes when a service at one VA hospital is overwhelmed another is not so busy. When you see the MD ask them about the knee replacement. If there is a long waiting time, ask him if it might be possible to be sent to another VA Hospital where the waitng list is shorter. I live near Mountain Home VA and don't know the situation but it might be worth a try. If they do refer you to Mountain Home let me know. I'll come visit you.

Another person you might call on is the Tennessee State Veteran's Office. There is undoubtedly one at your hospital. These guys are expert at applying for benefits. They usually have you make an appointment so call in advance to make an appointment on the day you go to the hospital. Just call the hospital and ask for them.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:07 PM

It is now 6-10-03 and I ha
vent seen my son since the first of may my wife that I trusted for 30 years has a blood sucking lawyer and is getting a divorce sure enough. The V A want to put me in a nursing home and blue cross want pay for an ambulance so I can go to the doctor.I still have bad luck. now I want get to see my son on fathers day.