The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2002, 10:05 PM

Default Wazza's copy of "SUN TZU ON THE ART OF WAR"

Wazzaand TheBrad mentioned the "Art of War" in another thread and something about it being a MUST read.

Ok Everyone, "READ"it.I've got the complete book on my site if any one is interested. The price is right, it's free, at... http://kendavey.com

The copy on the site can't be downloaded, you have to read it online. Be patient, it takes a minute to load.But if anyone wants a copy to use on their own computer, just email me at ken@kendavey.com and I'll return the email with a zip or text attachment of the book. You can use just about any word processor to read it.It's in a.txt format, but if you want to you can pasteit into Word or Acrobat and dress it up.

I've got access to hundreds of,expired copyright, digital books through the University of Illinois "Gutenburg Project" and will from time to time be puttingfree copies of the books onmy site.It takes a littletime and effortto convert them to HTTP for the web,but since my emphysema keeps me home most of the time anyway, it won't be a problem.Plus,I'm grateful to have something to do besides read forumsall night long.

Old 11-12-2002, 01:59 AM

Ken

Who said the residents of Illinois were not generous, witty, benevolent, humourous, the owners of every bumper sticker ever created and creative. Between you and Keith the future spiritual and theoretical education of PsycoVets is assured. I'm sure all of us will put our hands up to volunteer for the practical side of things. I'll take on reproduction if you like!!!
Old 11-12-2002, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wazza
Ken

I'll take on reproduction if you like!!!
What better place to propagatethe species than the Land of OZ !!!
So throw out all the frankers and have at it.

Before long you'll be able to spendyour arvo'swith alarge handle ofFour X ,watching all your ankle biters playing a little aerial pingpong.

Hooroo from a stoked,Seppo, two pot screamer.
Old 11-12-2002, 12:28 PM

Ken -

Glad to see you made this available. The introduction is very different the the intro from the translation I read! Nothing like beheading the king's concubines just to proove a point!

thanks - BRAD
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 12:44 PM

Default BRAD

What amazes me is the fact that it's a work 2400 years old. !!!
Old 11-12-2002, 12:58 PM

and still as current as it ever was!

The Wu-Tzu is next on my list - looks very similar. Will make a good ten-minute at a time diversion from the computer when I need it!

I recommend you look into 'T'ai Kung's Six Secret Teachings' very similar to The Art of War in concept - but a lot more meat on the bone.

Sorry about the emphysema. The owner of a tree-farm I worked at in winters while in high-school had emphysema pretty bad. Didn't stop him from going out all day long in cold Nebraska winters to cut down Christmas trees - or to stop smoking! The main symptoms I noticed were the nasty noises he made to get all the crap out of his lungs! He has since sold the farm off into acreage lots - but he's still kickin' at somewhere around 85-90!
Old 11-12-2002, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by thebrad

but he's still kickin' at somewhere around 85-90!

My family assured meTHEY WILL NOT put up with me that long !!!
Old 11-12-2002, 02:47 PM

!!!

Sounds like a close bunch!

I don't plan on ever getting over the age of 17 myself - which is how old I've been for almost a decade now!
Old 11-12-2002, 03:12 PM

Geeze Brad, I've still got socks that old !!!
Old 11-13-2002, 06:22 AM

Yeah maybe.

The question is: Will the army keep me at 17 for two more decades... or make me really old (like you) really fast?