The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2004, 07:24 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Arrow Regulations - My Last Piece As Moderator

For some time now, I have kept you all apprised of our efforts to get the Purple Heart Award for POWs who perished at the hands of their captors. My wife?s uncle was just such a captive in the Korean War!

After countless calls to senators, congressmen, the Army and a veteran?s group, we learned today that under ?Army Regulations?, many of those who were beaten and/or starved to death by the North Koreans (and other enemies of freedom), are not eligible for the Purple Heart!?

I also learned that my wife?s offer of DNA, should her uncle?s remains ever be located, could also not be honored, as her line is through her father, the deceased POW?s brother!

The only recourse remaining, therefore, is to get this damned regulation changed, and in this effort, we have requested the assistance of several U.S. Senators, the president, a former senator from North Carolina and even the pilot of the Memphis Belle etc.

Some things definitely need to change, and any regulation that does not recognize that a Prisoner of War, beaten, starved, diseased and frozen to death by a vicious enemy that we are now considering sending financial aid to, must be reconsidered!! And in this endeavor, I will persist until the day that I die, or this regulation is changed!! Of this, ?have no doubts!!?

Farewell Friends and Truth (Veritas)