The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2006, 12:04 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Smile Happy Thanksgiving to All:

I want to take a moment or two to wish all of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters THE BEST THANKSGIVING POSSIBLE. May you all be happy and have loving families to share the Holiday with. May your Birds all be TENDER, vegetables and fixings sweet and may you also have the teeth to chew everything with-- As well as the health to enjoy every minute of the holiday.

While we celebrate--Lets all take a moment or two to remember the newer and younger Veterans that are now putting themselves IN HARMS WAY to insure that we continue to remain free in order to enjoy and celebrate this Holiday. They will not be able to be with their own loved ones and know, all too well, THAT FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE.

All of us (today's Veteran and Vietnam Veteran alike) know that FREEDOM periodically must be purchased with BLOOD PAIN and SUFFERING of brave men and women willing to forsake their own safety and comfort in order to insure it for the rest.

On this Holiday, and every other day of the year, I want to again wish all of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters a big heart felt:

WELCOME HOME:

VIETNAM 1968
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2006, 12:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Well said 68....and the same to you
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-21-2006, 01:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post An Open Letter to a Television Station

One of the local newscaster kept referring to Thanksgiving as Turkey Day.
Someone wrote this letter to the Television Station:

[I noticed that recently you are calling Thanksgiving, "Turkey Day."
I do not worship turkeys.
I do not have little statues of turkeys in my home.
The day is called THANKSGIVING because we are to count our blessings and be grateful.
As far as I know turkeys dread Thanksgiving. Turkeys aren't very smart, but they do make good food. They aren't even our national bird even though Benjamin Franklin thought they should be. Thanksgiving is a day to practice gratitude and be grateful for all the blessings we have in America. So with that in mind would you please stop insulting my understanding of Thanksgiving and begin encouraging each of us to be a little more grateful. Its Thanksgiving Day not Turkey Day.

Thank You.]

I got a kick out of the letter, I could just imagine each of us burning little candles in front of turkey statues and chanting "gobble, gobble".

Well, anyway I hope that each us take the time to remember that freedom did cost the lives of many fine men and women and be grateful that we live in a free country and for the most part think and live as we wish. I'm grateful for the men and women of our Arm Forces who secured our freedom over the years. I am grateful for each and everyone of you men and women. May the Good Lord Bless each of you real good. And may we all count our blessings and be grateful this THANKSGIVING.

Keith

P.S. Turkey Day is when we celebrate Bob K and Tom Paco's Birthdays (sorry I couldn't resist.) Those two have me trashing treads. I'm sorry.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

wishing everyone a blessed Thanksgiving
Old 11-21-2006, 07:30 PM

Keith and 1968.......Both of you posted some great messages. Enjoyed reading both of them and have a great Thanksgiving.
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
Old 11-22-2006, 04:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Keith
You need to go bury your head in shame....You are definitely the guilty one when it comes to trashing threads. Here I am reading all these great coments and you for no reason at all, start dumping on Packo. Now I know for a fact that Packo is a fine upstanding citizen who has gained the respect of many.....even Ron.
Im sure, in your church's heirarchy there is someone above you (if not everyone) You need to arrange a meeting with that person and confess your sins. Us in the trenches were dependant on you to fix our problems.....BUT NOOOOO, you decide to joins the likes of Packo, John, Sid, Trav, and the rest of the Psyco vets
Keep it up and you're gonna be smokin a turd in hell.
bOOger

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-22-2006, 05:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

VN68'

Thanks for the wishes! Not a day goes by I don't think of Vietnam but on occasions like Thanksgiving, I think of it even more and the men and women that cannot be home today due to service to their country. Same same to you my friend!

Now, Keith.....I cannot believe you would come on such a wonderful thread like this and try and drag me down into the mud with the likes of Bob. You are getting sicker and sicker by the day. Keep it up and I'll ruin Washington by not being the biggest supporter of your wine industry! If I boycott them, I will let them know where you live! And you say your a man of the cloth.....

Father Packwolski the Chaised
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jim down range.jpg (78.2 KB, 32 views)

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 11-22-2006, 05:56 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Damn, another idol of mine crushed! Keith, tell me you have not ventured to the dark side!?! I was holding out hope for you and now I read this thread... woe is me... whatever am I to do?

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone! Welcome home!

Trav
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jim in balad.jpg (66.3 KB, 31 views)

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Trav
A few month ago you said Michael Jackson was your Idol....I can only assume that you're putting Keith in the same catagory as Michael.
Joke
Why does Michael Jackson shop at Walmart?
He read where there was little boys pants half off
bOOger

God bless the ACLU
Old 11-22-2006, 06:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking I am sorry!

All I did was tell the truth. (Brother Bob and Packo Tom are Turkeys aren't they?)

I sincerely hope everyone even the Turkeys (the human type) have a great Thanksgiving.

Keith

P.S. I must confess, I have may sinned a little. But Brother Bob and Packo Tom made do it.