The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2003, 10:20 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up Actors in History: The FLIP SIDE of Hollywood:

I recently received the enclosed bit on "Actors in History: The Flip Side of Hollywood" from a very good friend of mine, fellow Vietnam Vet, and contributer to this Forum: LCPD24. After reading it, I thought that all my other Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters would enjoy reading it as much as I did. There is much to think about but I will let you be the JUDGE.

"In contrast to the ideals, opinions, and feelings of today's (Hollywonk), the real actors of yester-year loved the United States. They had both Class and Integrity. With the start of World War II, many of the Actors of the time went to FIGHT rather THEN STAND AND RANT AGAINST THIS COUNTRY WE ALL LOVE. They gave up their wealth, position, and fame to become service men and women; Many as simple Enlistees. This entry lists just a few, but from this group of only eighteen men came over seventy (70) medals in honor of their valor. The list of medals consist of Bronze Stars, Silver Stars, Distinguished Service Crosses, Purple Hearts, and ONE CONGRESSIONAL MEDAL OF HONOR. So remember, while the present (Entertainers) of television and radio have been more then ready to put their Anti-American messages before the public, I would like to remind the American People of what the entertainers of 1943 (sixty years ago) did for their Country when that Country desperately needed their help. Most of these brave men have since passed on, and are probably rolling around in their graves at this moment, ashamed for what the current crop of (Entertainers) are doing"

"The following is a partial list of REAL HOLLYWOOD HEROES:"

Alec Guinness (Star Wars). Operated a British Royal Navy landing craft on D-Day

James Doohan ("Scotty" on Star Trek). Landed in Normandy with the U.S. Army on D-Day

Donald Pleasance (The Great Escape) Really was an R.A.F. Pilot who was shot down, held prisoner, and tortured by the Germans.

David Niven Was a Sandhurst Graduate and Lt. Colonel of the British Commandos in Normandy

James Stewart Entered the Army Air Corps as a private and worked his way to the rank of Colonel. During World War II, Stewart served as a Bomber Pilot. His service record credited him with leading more then 20 missions over Germany, and taking part in hundreds of Air Strikes during his Tour of Duty. Stewart earned the Air Medal, Distinguished Flying Cross, France's Croix de Guerre, and seven Battle Stars during World War II. In peace time, Stewart continued to be an active member of the Air Force as a Reservist, reaching the rank of Brigadier General before retiring in the late 1950s

Clark Gable (Already a Mega-Movie Star when war broke out). Although he was beyond the Draft Age at the time the United States entered World War II, Clark Gable enlisted as a Private in the Army Air Corps on August 12, 1942 in Los Angeles. He attended the Officers Candidate School at Miami Beach, Florida and graduated as a Second Lieutenant on October 28, 1942. He then attended Aerial Gunnery School and in February 1943 he was assigned to the 351st Bomb Group at Polebrook. He then flew operational missions over Europe in B-17s. Captain Gable returned to the United States in October 1943. He was then relieved from active duty as a Major on June 12, 1944, at his own request, as he was over-age for combat flying missions.

Charlton Heston was an Army Air Corps Sergeant in Kodiak

Ernest Borgnine was a United States Navy Gunners Mate from 1935 to the end of World War II

Charles Durning was a United States Army Ranger at Normandy and earned a Silver Star and Purple Heart

Charles Bronson was a tail gunner in the Army Air Corps on B-29s. He was assigned to the 20th Air Force and flew missions out of Guam, Tinian, and Saipan

George C. Scott was a decorated United States Marine

Eddie Albert (Green Acres Television Series) was awarded a Bronze Star for his heroic action as a United States Naval Officer aiding Marines during the horrific battle on the island of Tarawa during November 1943

Brian Keith served as a United States Marine rear gunner in several actions against the Japanese on Rabal in the Pacific

Lee Marvin was a United States Marine on Saipan during the Marianas Campaign when he was wounded. He was awarded a Purple Heart

John Russell enlisted in the Marine Corps in 1942 where he then received a Battlefield Commission and was wounded. He was highly decorated for Valor while on Guadalcanal

Robert Ryan was a United States Marine who served with O.S.S. in Yugoslavia

Tyrone Power (An established Movie Star when Pearl Harbor was bombed) joined the United States Marines and was a Pilot who flew supplies in, and wounded Marines out, of Iwo Jima and Okinawa

Audie Murphy was a little 5'5" tall 110 pound guy from Texas who played cowboy parts. He became the most decorated serviceman of World War II and earned the Congressional Medal of Honor, Distinguished Service Cross, two Silver Stars, Legion of Merit, two Bronz Star Medals with V device, two Purple Hearts, United States Army Outstanding Civilian Service Medal, Good Conduct Medal, two Distinguished Unit Emblems, American Campaign Medal, European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with one Silver Star, Four Bronze Service Stars (representing nine campaigns), one Bronze Arrowhead which represented an Assault Landing in Sicily and Southern France against German Forces, World War II Victory Medal, Army of Occupation Medal with German Clasp, Armed Forces Reserve Medal, Combat Infantry
Badge, Marksman Badge with Rifle Bar, Expert Badge with Bayonet Bar, French Fourragere in Colors of the Croix de Guerre, French Legion of Honor, Grade of Chevalier, French Croix de Guerre with Silver Star, French Croix de Guerre with Palm, Medal of Liberated France, Belgian Croix de Guerre 1940 Palm

"So how do you feel the REAL HEROES of the Silver Screen acted when compared to the Hollywonks of today, who spray out Anti-American garbage as they bite the hand that feeds them? Can you imagine these Stars of yester-year saying they hate our Flag while making anti-American and anti-war speeches and marching in anti-American parades. I thought not."

The end of the entry requests that if you are as disgusted with the antics of todays WANNABEE ACTORS and ACTRESSES as the author was; The entry should be sent along to others, in it's entire form, so that as many people as possible could be able to read it and make their own minds up. WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON THIS PUBLIC DISPLAY OF UNPATRIOTIC ACTS CARRIED OUT BY TODAYS GARBAGE WHO HAVE THE NERVE TO CALL THEMSELVES ACTORS AND ACTRESSES?

To all my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters I again state:

WELCOME HOME

VIETNAM 1968
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2003, 02:26 PM

Hey Vet,

As i posted a long time ago.

The ACTORS now days the are prostesting the war with Iraq,Iran,Liberia, and where ever.

ALOT of those STARS have never been.

They get their info from the Scripts.

But ifn you take the word STAR ( as in movies) and spell it backwards, you will find out what they are. There are so many you cant list them all in one post on here or any other site.

enough.............