The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2009, 08:49 AM

Default Forgotten Again

I don't post much, anywhere, and here I am posting two in quick succession on this site.
I just watched on TV the ceremony from Arlington National Cemetery. The speech from President Obama carried with it much more than just words from the current President. He represents the past and present and future of this nation and as Commander-in-Chief he has a duty and obligation to treat all veterans of all wars with equal reference and dignity. I was saddened and offended and angered that he failed to mention in his speech either the Korean War or veterans of this war. He went right from WW II to VietNam and the omission was glaring to me. One of the tombs directly in front of him represents the Unknown Soldier of the Korean War and with the recent launch by North Korea of another missile and the detonation of an underground nuclear device, all a direct result of this unfinished war, what does it take for the Korean War veterans to be on his mind ?
Semper Fi
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2009, 09:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

We remember Fox. That counts. Town here puts up white crosses along main street that are topped with American flags and have the name of a service man killed and what war. WWII, Korea , Vietnam, Desert Storm and Iraq are all represented.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote