The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2010, 07:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default The Digital Bookshelf

I ordered a cd history of the 30th Division in WW I from them on may 10 through paypal. Nary a word has come back. I checked with paypal and you only have 45 days to dispute a payment after money is exchanged ($45). I have emailed them three times and no answer. RIPOFF!
Old 07-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I have to say they do look like a scam. They are playing up that they have donated a list of 3,000 names of WWI dead to the The California State Military Museum. I have been working on http://www.veteransmemoriam.com for the last couple of months and have compiled well over 200,000 names so far from all conflicts, all freely viewable (130,000 online so far). This is just from the overseas cemeteries for WWI and WWII while the Vietnam list is complete and most other conflicts are still in progress.

Also, please take a look here first for unit histories http://www.patriotfiles.com/index.ph...icles&secid=19

I don't like sites that sell freely available stuff.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

They offered a more comprehensive history of the 30th Division in WW I than I have seen elsewhere. Impressive website, all BS.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Sorry to hear that, too many websites like that out there.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

After numerous e-mails, phone calls, reporting him to Pay Pal, looking up his home address and reporting him to the San Antonio, TX Better Business Bureau, I get this e-mail:

ear Customer,

Here is the third (and final!) status update on all Digital Bookshelf orders:

The long weekend provided me with the time that I needed to make one final push, and the recovery is now 100% complete and successful. ALL files have been checked and corrected where necessary, and production is up and running once again! Thanks to all of you who have shown great patience during this exhausting and time-consuming process! CDs will be going out this week as they are completed.

For those of you who have indicated which free CD you would like, I will send it along with your order. If you have not yet told me which CD you'd like, please do so ASAP so that I can include it. Otherwise, it will follow out via media mail after all orders are completed. A reminder: if there is no other unit history CD that you would like, I have some neat Technology & Tactics products, as well as some Doughboy Humor CDs available.

For the few of you who have opted for a refund, I will process these this week as well, if they have not automatically reverted to you through paypal. And to remind you per the terms & conditions in the first mass e-mail that you agreed to by filing for a refund: once you have requested a refund from The Digital Bookshelf, you are no longer a customer in good standing, and are under a lifetime ban from ordering any products and services from The Digital Bookshelf.

Anyways, nothing but good news for a change! I hope that you enjoy your CDs, and I humbly thank each of you for your patience, and in few cases, your kind words of sympathy!

Best Regards,

Scott Schoner
Owner, The Digital Bookshelf

I'm BANNED FOR LIFE! So is he. LOL
Old 07-06-2010, 01:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I got this letter from The BBB:

BBB Complaint Case#90181914(Ref#49-90081335-90181914-3-210) Inbox X
Better Business Bureau (Do Not Reply To This Email Address) to me
show details 2:01 PM (2 hours ago)
Complaint ID#: 90181914
Business Name: The Digital Bookshelf

Thank you for contacting the Better Business Bureau. Your complaint was received by the Bureau on July 6, 2010 and has been assigned case# {\b 90181914} in our files. Please make a note of this number for future reference.

Your complaint has been applied to the following business:
{\b The Digital Bookshelf}
2439 NE Loop 410 #1305
San Antonio, TX 78217

The case has been reviewed and forwarded to the business with a request for their prompt response. This service is offered at no cost to the public. Please remember that copies of your future correspondence will be sent to the company as well.

We encourage you to use our ONLINE COMPLAINT system to keep up with the progress of this complaint. The URL (website address) below will take you directly to this complaint on our website:

{\b http://austin.app.bbb.org/complaint/view/90181914/c/eg42by}

Thank you for using the free services of the Better Business Bureau.

Sincerely,
Old 08-11-2010, 10:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I got my refund! I reported him to the BBB of San Antonio, TX after doing google searches on his name and business: Scott Schoner, The Digital Bookshelf. It is amazing what you can find out using google. I found out his home address and even found a picture of his apartment building, not that I used the picture but I did use the home address in my BBB complaint. I kept updating my complaint with the BBB weekly so it was kept current. Then today I got an e-mail from PayPal saying he had refunded my money.