The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2003, 10:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Florida

I just got back from a week in Florida. Plenty of grouper, shrimp and I got to fly my 9' frog kite. I broke down and got a 8' rokkaku kite decorated as a giant American flag. Pretty impressive. It will go about a half a mile high on the 4th of July here in Limestone. It will at least impress the cows that surround my house. My farmer neighbor says that when I fly kites is the only time his heifers ever look up. I haven't been to Florida in quite a few years and some things I saw were quite puzzling. Why are there tanning beds at the beach? What do they use all those four wheel drive SUV's for and why are there not slews of convertibles? Last but not least, why is all the produce in the supermarkets from California?
Old 06-14-2003, 10:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Good questions Doc ... I'm glad you got out for a little R&R tell the cows hi for me.
Old 06-15-2003, 12:48 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Hmmmmmm.......

Good Questions,all.I`ve pondered long and hard on each,and the only thing I can figure is that 90% of the people in Florida come from New York! ..Good to have you back,Fred. :cl:

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 02:30 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 1cav

Tanning beds don't put out UV-C rays that cause skin cancer, The sun does.
Suvs are just big station wagons, The people that own them don't want to admit that or there to ------ to understand.

You can call a pork sholder a delicusie but is still just SPAM.

now if you get some powdered eggs to go along with that spam. MMMM MMM

For you gun guys,,, www.kel-tec.com Products, for a new gun.

Ron
Old 06-15-2003, 05:28 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Interesting weapons.
Old 06-15-2003, 09:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hey Fred!

1)--Most of the folks that go to the beach want to have a "tan" BEFORE they get there so they won't look like a "tourist" or "snow bird" frum up thare in "yankee land"! It's quicker and you don't have to lay out in that awful hot sun so long! We's always takes one uv dem big-ole "Sunbrellas" with us when we go just to stay OUT uv thet sun!

2)---Most folks thet have dem big ole SUV's use um fer ta drive ON the beach or other "swampy" kinda places fer ta go "muddin" or "gator" chasin--!

3) The reason you saw all that California produce in the supermarkets is cause ALL dem folks whut "pick" thet stuff are OUT THERE on the left coast dis time-a year! We's dun't grow much uv thet stuff in the dang "summer-time" round heanh! Alls OUR "stuff"is-a "growed" in tha WINTERTIME! So's we hasta "import" all thet stuff frum way out yonder in California! Dontcha know's NUTHIN bout us "Floridiots"---we onlyest "chill out" in tha summertime---we dun't do NUTHIN thet works up-a-sweat---- ceptin doin a little "fishin" ere "swimmin" onces't in a while!

Gotta go fer now--my neighbor's gittin his "SUV" all ready ta pull thet great-ole-big 24 foot "walk-around" Bayliner boat uv his'n down the road a piece to tha boat-ramp fer us ta go on a "fathers-day" fishin cruise & Island Bar-B-Que---I'm-a gonna grill-up a couple uv my world famous---RAGIN-CAJUN-ASHUN-REDNECK-PORK-TENDERLOINS whut mah frand DMZ-LT luvs so much! See y'all later----ya heanh!

PS---PLEASE keep-a cumin down heanh and-a brangin yo's tourist dollars---cuz it SHORE is-a helpin us keep thangs CHEEP fer us "locals"---ya know!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 06-15-2003, 12:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Sounds like a great day Gimp. Save me a pieceof that tenderloin. Got xgrunt making it too now. He slapped his momma when she went for the last piece. My daughter made me a cheese cake from my mommas receipt today
Old 06-15-2003, 12:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default 1CAV

Glad to hear you survived your tour of duty in the Third World Country, where some of the migrants speak in tongues rarely discerned in civilized company. Fly that "biggie" with the pride that a true Volunteer can bring to the picnic!
Scouts Out!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 06-16-2003, 10:53 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink Kite

I can see that green frog way up in the air as I write this, can't wait to see her again.
I too have some real "issues" with 4-wheel drive SUV's in the hands of most who own them. My future daughter-in-law has a full sized one and lives in New York City. Can't chase a lot of gators in that town, snakes yes, but no gators.

Hey Ron, I like the Sub-2000, think I'd like to buy one but I'll have to check. It may be illegal to own in this state. There are some insane "assault weapons" laws around here. Everyone remember that before you think about voting for John Kerry.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 06-16-2003, 11:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Talking

Ditto everything the Gimp says cept he forgot the mint juleps we sip on while keeping cool in the shade while you northerners burn your ever lovin as..es off in the heat! We can't be bothered with that in the summer time! We wait until it cools down a spell. We do love our tourist and fishermen and women however coming down and spending their tourist dollars. You can always tell them by the burns and hats and socks! Keep comin down ya'll and we'll keep the money and the leavin's! Throw another steak on that grill! Ya'll come back here?