The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2004, 06:28 PM

Post Soldiers welcomed home

Soldiers welcomed home
Updated: 8/1/2004 11:28 PM
By: Capital News 9 web staff

Smiles and open arms filled part of the Albany International Airport Sunday as two soldiers returned home.

Sgt. Bill Pobran is home for two weeks. Pobran is a supply sergeant for the U.S. Army in Iraq. He said it's been tough overseas, but it's nice to see the progress.

"Everybody's making a difference over there. A lot of the Iraqis are glad that we're there, and there's always a few that aren't, but we're making a difference," he said.

And Imants Shrederis also returned from Iraq. He's a Humvee mechanic and said although the morale of the troops is high, he's glad to be back home.

He said, "Got a lot of support from back home, lots of people sending mail and everything. It's really good over there."

Both soldiers said they are looking forward to a home-cooked meal
Soldiers welcomed home
Updated: 8/1/2004 11:28 PM
By: Capital News 9 web staff

Smiles and open arms filled part of the Albany International Airport Sunday as two soldiers returned home.

Sgt. Bill Pobran is home for two weeks. Pobran is a supply sergeant for the U.S. Army in Iraq. He said it's been tough overseas, but it's nice to see the progress.

"Everybody's making a difference over there. A lot of the Iraqis are glad that we're there, and there's always a few that aren't, but we're making a difference," he said.

And Imants Shrederis also returned from Iraq. He's a Humvee mechanic and said although the morale of the troops is high, he's glad to be back home.

He said, "Got a lot of support from back home, lots of people sending mail and everything. It's really good over there."

Both soldiers said they are looking forward to a home-cooked meal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tn_119_1911.jpg (186.5 KB, 55 views)
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links