Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Two more projects

Me and the daughter bought two more mustangs. a 89 hatchback
302 and a 79 notchback 302. we are going to fix up the 89 and sell it and make a bumper drager out of the 79. she want to drive it at the dragstrip. Trophy class starts next week. she will be there with something.
So far we got all the interior out of the 89 and new carpet and seats are on the way, Mags and tires also.
Im so tired, we worked on those stupid cars all day.
Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2006, 10:09 AM

My wife had a 65 mustang loved it. I thought the seats were a little uncomfortable but she's a smaller woman and it fit her quite well. My old school buddy had a 65 and 67 don't know if he has them anymore but they are now classics.

Happy Restore to you and your daughter.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

I have a 67' and it's up in MO on my parents farm waiting for me to go up and bring it home someday.....

Last edited by 82Rigger; 07-14-2008 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:29 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default JD

I cost $1,000. to have it transported, cheaper than going and getting yourself.
You want to sell it?

Ron
Old 04-11-2006, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Barrett-Jackson, '67 427KR, $1.2 Mil.
'Course there was a guy by the name of Shelby standing behind it when the gavel finally fell.
My favorite Mustang memory was a Trans-Am race at Mid-Ohio when #15 Boss Mustang blocked #16 for the final laps. I was working the race on corner 15 that day and wanted to THROW the blue flag at the driver of #15, Parnelli Jones. #16 was driven by George Fulmer who could out drive Jones any day of the week but Jones was the "Lead Driver" of the Ford team and it was decided by the team that a One/Two finish by the team was desired but Jones was getting $bucks just to be there and therefore deserved to win. Fulmers front clip was badly damaged due to excessive nerfing at the checker and he was let go of by the team at the end of the day. The guys that I was working with in Lake Erie Race Communications just couldn't wait for Jones to go off on their corner and have to wait on a corner worker to allow him to get a green flag and get back in the race.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:24 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Stick

In any form of BIG entertainment the 'Fair' card is thrown out the window. The owners of NASCAR want There Chevys to be winners so they bend the rules, The owners of NHRA want there Chevys to win so they bend the rules, The owners of the team your talking about want the Famous driver to win so they bend the rules, Its mostly our fault, We want The "Parnelli Jones" to win. thats why we bought a ticket. When John Force gets beat the parking lot starts to empty at a NHRA event, Its in NHRAs best interest to have Force win.
Fair isn't part of any of there vocabulary, You have to get way down on the ladder in the entertainment business to have fair.
Like dirt track or 1/4 migets. Its about $ thats it.
Ron
Old 04-11-2006, 06:55 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Peter is selling his 65 Mustang.

It runs. We put a rebuilt engine in 2001 in St. Louis.

When Peter got to San Diego, he had the transmission rebuilt & put a 600 cfm carb on.

When Darrel drove here, to Vegas, he put a new radiator in.

He hasn't had time or money to work on it and hardly drove it, so decided to give up and sell.

289, automatic, Black (no damage on the outside) w/ red pony interior (needs new), rusty (holes in trunk & interior floor)

Old 04-12-2006, 03:41 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default DJ

Forgot one important thing, 'How much'
Ron
Old 04-12-2006, 05:07 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Peter said best offer.

A local here talked to me about it last weekend and he was talking about 4,000 but I don't know if he was just talking or not?

Peter paid 3,600.

Old 04-13-2006, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

In '65 there were two different 289's put in the Mustang. One was a factory claimed 210 horse and the other was a dyno' proven 271 horse. Easiest way to spot the difference was to look under the hood and see if it has a two or four barrel carb. On the outside does your 'Stang have back-up lights. If it does it's a 65 but if it doesn't then it's a 64 1/2. Rust in the trunk and the floor board can be a problem but the normal place that you'ld find that rust is right above the frame rails and it should be repaired ASAP to avoid exhaust gas poisoning. Four Grand offer? Jump at it unless it's a 271 horse, '65 with matching numbers.