Marine Gen Antghony Zinni
Maj Gen. Charles Swannack
Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton
Marine Lt. Gen. Gregory Newbold
Mag. Gen. John Batiste
Old 04-18-2006, 12:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

While all these Chicken Six are certainly entitled to their opinion, one has to wonder just what negative impact this internal whining is having on our warriors. If I was a former subordinate of one of these Chicken Six, I'd have to wonder "was he just following orders back then, or did he know something and worried about his future retirement bennies to say anything? Did he really send me into battle knowing the plan was flawed? Did I really mistakenly think he was an honorable man, and not just a self-serving prima dona?"

Thanks a lot, Chicken Six, for thinking of yourselves first and foremost, and having no thought about the troops left behind to clean up after your mess.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:42 PM

Scout I'd guess you'd have to be in their shoes and have to write the many letters to those boys and gals they've lost. I'm not sure if I know all the facts but I can sense frustration and a never ending scenario to what they must going through.

They don't have any good answers only more body bags and this has to be frustrating. They kids in the field must also be wondering what the hell is going on here? When will this turn - when will end - what the hell are we doing?

Let's face it we asked the same questions. I don't want these kids to have to take any more than they have to and it better count if your going to take one of our kids off the face of the earth - forever.

It's frustration - its new policies - shots being called from inside an office not on the field. Control over the circumstances is limited and often times without amble personnel or back up.

This is how I see this stuff coming about. I'm most likely wrong because I don't really know the whole picture - but I'm frustrated that things are as bad as they are and that each day more and more of these kids are being wounded or worse and to what end.

They are not cowards - none of them - I'd stand side by side with them anywhere any time. It's just the continuous circumstances they are forced to work under are beginning to take a toll and the nerve endings are a little frayed.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 04-18-2006, 12:51 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SuperScout...

Good questions my Friend.

Plus, you do make a quite valid point that
not all SIXES are actually honorable and
gentlemen by Act of Congress,...nor do some
even have their heads screwed-on-straight, to-boot

That's truly a shame,...since many youngsters
actually put their lives in hands of those
apparently more suited for inconsequential trivia
politics,...rather than the serious and lethal
business of The Military.

Wonder how many died unnecessarily,...due
such type political underminers in uniform?

Neil
Old 04-18-2006, 01:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Boats

As you probably know, I have two sons on active duty with the Army, both combat veterans. One did the Operation Just Cause in Panama to get rid of Noreiga, and is currently with NATO forces, J-2 staff in Sarajevo, the other a tour in Iraq, and scheduled to return later this year. Neither of them has ever expressed any questions about the policies under which they are serving. I've talked to hundreds of other Iraq war and Afghan war vets, and there is no bellyaching from them.

And BTW - things are not as bad as the news you may be seeing. I get reports of a very positive nature, not pollyannish, but real facts.

Naturally, I want my lads out of harms way, but they are volunteers, excellent officers who accomplish the assigned mission while taking care of their men. That's the job, pure and simple. And that's the job description of every other warrior, irrespective of rank or rating. Accomplish the mission and take care of your men. If a general officer doesn't understand that, he needs to change occupations. To sharp-shoot your superiors after you retire is the act of a person of questionable integrity. What I don't want is some malcontent saying anything that damages the morale of our warriors, as that act is inexcusable.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-18-2006, 01:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

All the same, I beleive Rumsfeld is a ditwad and will not vote for any party that retains him. That miraculous campaign to depose Saddam was over when the fighting mostly stopped. Then the country was looted, their military dibanded, huge stockpiles of munitions and weapons were stolen and used to kill many more soldiers. This all was being reported by the press as it was happening but no response. But that is not why I dislike him so much. It was under his watch that the Dept of Defense tried to cut family separation allowances and combat pay while the toops were still in combat. That fits my definition of a stab in the back.