The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2004, 07:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default what about this crazy weather ???

As I walked out of the North Little Rock VA last Wed. at Noon it started sleeting. My 130 mile trip to Memphis turned into 8 hours and I spent the night in West Memphis, AR ..and finally got to my mother's house at 4:30 AM Thursday morning. The wind chills in Memphis were -10 degrees or lower. I am going back home this weekend on Thursday afternoon and it looks like it will be 72 degrees on Sunday !!!! We still have all of Jan. and Feb. to look forward to.....
I will sure enjoy enjoy the nice weather this weekend........
How is it where you live ?

Larry
Old 12-29-2004, 09:23 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Raining in Vegas. The rain in the last 24 hours makes it one of the top 5 wettest Decembers in history. More rain on the way.

November was one of the wettest in history.

Just means the drought here is over.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 10:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Finally Got a good snow!

We finally got a good snow. Been awful dry this fall. Started snowing last night about 2:00 AM. Been snowing all day so far. The farmers are happy. Holiday travelers are a bit upset.

Keith
Old 12-29-2004, 11:00 AM

I don't know about the weather but I do know something's amiss with all the colds running around. Warm and Cold don't make it. You've gotta have cold weather for several weeks to kill all the germs.

I've noticed that most people aren't dressing right. I wear my vest and scarf all the time regardless (along with my ball cap) - as I don't bounce back when I get sick like I used to. Golden Year's are knocking on my door step and I dread them like a major rock slide.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 12-29-2004, 08:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

We didn't get any of that snow you got. Heavy clouds for days, below freezing and not a drop or a flake. Not complaining. Warm this weekend.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Rain Rain and More Rain followed by possable Snow sunday when I go watch the seahawks get the S#it kicked out of them by Atlanta look for me I'll be on the 40 yd line first deck wearing my Psycovets tee shirt and ball cap its suppose to snow so I'll pretend I'm in greenbay.
Old 12-30-2004, 03:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It has been unseasonably cold here in the Low Country but we are going back to normal. Problem is that sickness is the norm. I have had an upper resp infection since before Tgiving. It starts to go away, then gets freezin ass cold, then it comes back. Been to the Docs but not much they can do. It came back again right before Christmas and is still lingering. Man Boats, you've hit the nail on the head. I'm not the only one. The old Naval Hospital I work in is a germ incubateor and just about ever patient I see also has this shit. My treatment room has no windows and patients cough on me all day. We will be in the 70's w/50's for lows for the next week or so......thank God! It has been one weird winter so far and it can be blamed on the El Nino from what I gather. Well, better than tsunami's I guess.

Polar Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 12-30-2004, 05:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

We had enough snow Monday to plow. The forcast was for 1" but we got about 5. That's par for the forcasters though. It rained yesterday afternoon with freezing temps last night and are supposed to see high 40"s tomorrow. Last year it did this around November. The first day of hunting season all you could here in the woods were branches breaking and trees coming down. Go figure.. The word is that the weather has a 10 year cycle. Sure iz crazy though. And yes...sick kids too. It's going around
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf0101.jpg (307.6 KB, 43 views)
Old 12-30-2004, 03:53 PM

Hey Larry,

I have this problem of not getting dressed right after shower, so when its warm I just wlak outsie and " Blow Dry " as I call it.

Well in the winter the ()()*^$# seems to go beyond its limt. But this morning 62 out and WOW..............DALLAS TEXAS................

enough..............HA HA HA HA
Old 12-31-2004, 01:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

reeb....you are a hoot !!!

Well, it is 73 degrees here..a little cloudy and no rain. My Mom is on some heavy duty antibiotics and is feeling very well, so we ran some errands and even did a little shopping. I came home and put on my shorts and T-shirt on and cleaned up the yard some. Looks like it might rain a little over the weekend....with the the temps this high this time of year in this area, we always have to look out for thunderstorms and tornadoes....Thankfully, none of that is in the forecast.

Happy New year to all !!!!

Larry