The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2003, 08:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Dixie Chicks quote about President Bush

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (March 14) - The Dixie Chicks are drawing harsh words from country music fans for remarks singer Natalie Maines made about President Bush during a recent performance in London.

Maines told the audience earlier this week, ``Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas.''

Angry phone calls flooded Nashville radio station WKDF-FM on Thursday, some calling for a boycott of the Texas trio's music.

The group released a statement Thursday saying they have been overseas for several weeks and ``the anti-American sentiment that has unfolded here is astounding. While we support our troops, there is nothing more frightening than the notion of going to war with Iraq and the prospect of all the innocent lives that will be lost.''

In a separate statement Thursday, Maines said, ``I feel the president is ignoring the opinion of many in the U.S. and alienating the rest of the world. My comments were made in frustration, and one of the privileges of being an American is you are free to voice your own point of view.''

The Dixie Chicks will kick off a U.S. tour in support of their multi-platinum album ``Home'' on May 1 in Greenville, South Carolina. The group's hits include ``Wide Open Spaces,'' ``Ready to Run'' and ``Landslide.''

03/14/03 11:45 EST

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:50 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

I'm not an entertainer, so I'm not going to sing. I'm not a politician, so I'm not going to politic. I'm just a maintenance guy so I'm going to stick to fixing broken stuff. There's something to be said for sticking to what you know.

Chilidog
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 10:23 PM

I'm just a smart as s so I got one for the guys to tell the girls , now that we are on the topic of Dixie chicks . This is what you need to tell your girl .
MY
DIXIE
WRECKED

Say it to her a few times , it cant hurt . That is in less you dont get any .
BE Good To Yourself And Respect Your Elders
Death And Destruction Professionally U.S.M.C.
Old 03-15-2003, 12:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Well, Thats another Singer or actor I won't be paying any money to see their performance or by their music... These so called Stars should follow the example of the golden age of films and keep their polotics to them selves as long as they are working making movies are records.Or They will find their cash flow isn't coming in from us the viewing public. :{
Old 03-17-2003, 06:28 AM

Thumbs down

I'm sure the folks in Texas have something in store for the Dixie "CHICKens" when they return! Isn't it amazing when someone gets big and famous, how they become instant experts on things like war/politics etc.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Who dat who say dat?

When and if anyone in Hollywood or the entertainment industry takes a time out to gain a studied and learned opinion, they may resemble something besides mindless idiotic-shits and be worth listening too. So I?d agree that the Chiklet has a right to say her say, but in my opinion, public people have a responsibility know of what they speak or keep their traps shut. But unfortunately, the vast majority behaves like a mob of manure salesmen with mouths full of samples. And that?s embarrassing, sad and nothing but trouble.

Mindless rhetoric and preaching ear candy to the groupies is just so much gauseian white noise that creates a lot of heat and no light, period. Like O?Reilly said, most of them have the perspective of a shrimp. Damn, that?s good stuff Tiger O?. Mind if I borrow it?

So how about the ?Dixie Shrimp?? That?s cool I?d say.

Scamp
Old 03-17-2003, 09:09 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

It was a backstabbing, cowardly, two facedthing to say whileout of the country. They damn sure would not have said it to a crowd here.

They have a song they do about a Vietnam Vet called the "Traveling Soldier".As far as I'm concerned they are total hypocrites. On the one handmaking money off a songabout supporting a young man that went to war oh so long ago and in the processknocking down the morale of the young men set to go to waras we speak.Turns my stomach.

Chicks?Oh yeah, the epitome of the word. Dixie? I don't think so.

Arrow>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 03-17-2003, 10:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sis...........

Would ya settle for the word ?Doxie?? Seems to be more appropriate given all the circumstances and ta dot ta da. And a big aarrgg, the term Dixie is from the French word Dix meaning ten and this hails from the French 10 note of currency of long ago before we were so wise as to buy them out of Louisiana and send em packing.

Scamp
Old 03-17-2003, 10:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sis

I agree whole heartedly. More like "Dixie Twits". They are back peddling fast now that they are hearing the reactions at home. Their CD's will end up in my house the minute I by a Jane Fonda Work Out CD. Neva happin GI.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 03-17-2003, 10:53 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Scamp,

Dixie to me represents courage in the face of overwhelming odds.

I am not buying their explanation that they support the troops but not the war. The logic doesn't fly.

pass the cheese with that whine...

Hope you are getting stronger everyday Scamp...sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."