The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2002, 05:54 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool ?

"LOAN you some"? I think note. The Union always had a slight suply edge, why start a trend in the other direction? Oh, all right I'll get you some powdered apples.

Humping the Shenadoah??? I'm still recovering from humping a trip to the mall last week. Maybe Fred could be the ref.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2002, 07:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Wink Driving the Streets of Boston

Hey Splummer,

I was asked to take a Col. to the Air Port in Boston. I probably did that 4 or 5 times. Driving in rush hour traffic is terrible. Narrow crowded streets, tunnels, those rounds, etc you had bad roads with big pot holes. You have to be aggressive to get anywhere in Boston. This Colonel sat in the back seat, he must have been old school. I weaved in and out traffic, driving like the locals. When I dropped him off at the Airport he said, "Son I was in the infantry in WW II, I was in Korea, and I've been to Vietnam, but riding with you is the only time I almost wet my pants". I took it as a compliment, I could drive those streets of Boston as well as a local, but I am sure it was a reprimand. I didn't say a thing but thought, "Sir, If you don't drive like that we'd still be going round and round at the first round."

Of course I had good training. I use to drive the bay shore freeway in San Fransico, and the freeways of Los Angeles.

Keith
Old 06-29-2002, 08:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default ANNNNNN-DREW...

...JUST DON'T TELL THEM ABOUT THOSE SECRET NORTHERN CRABAPPLES THAT HAVE SCENT DETECTION OF DEM SOUTHERN GENT'S, THEY SMELL PECANS FOR 150 YEARS, AND ARE PINPOINT ACC-U-RITE EVEN WHEN THEY PUT UP THAT FLAPJACK SCENT DETERANT...
...them "rotary-ies" are easy, you just close your right eye, and don't look, It's kinda like "northern chicken" as you enter or exit, got one within a mile of my house only they call it a "traffic circle" only this on is elevated, so it's more fun when we play bumper cars here, one usually goes down the hill a bits when "it" loses...
.. have a couple for the"brothers, and your own aniversary" and be well
...Keith, you just might make it as a northerner if you can drive like that on a regfular basis......

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 06-29-2002, 03:03 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Boston Streets

Back in my days of setting up stock cars out here in the west,we rolled into a track and one of the guys on the crew tells me that this should be a fun night cause the locals run a "Figure 8" race.The cars get strung out over the course after a while and the intersection gets plenty hairy.I`m sittin atop the war-wagon watching this silliness and he says"Ain`t this a gas?" "Not particularly" I say,"I come from Boston"

Peace,Griz
Old 06-29-2002, 05:37 PM

Default Andy,

We were in War Zone C South West of Quan Loi. We were setting up a fire-base when the 101 N.V.A. Regt. decided they did not want us there. I'm not too sure who won since we lost four of our six guns but in the end we still held the paddy the next morning. Dust-Off had to land on a rice paddy dike to get us out, in the DARK, talked down be a guy with a PRC radio and a filtered flash light. Never forget that, what balls it took to land the chopper on such a confinded space in the dark with fire coming from all side's. Don't know if I should say this but the Dust-Off was carrying small arms ammo for what was left of the gurnts. God bless all you guys and gals.
Old 06-29-2002, 05:57 PM

Smile hey

I am only a daughter.. I can't even get my dad to come on here and read anything *sighs*... But I too have learned alot from all you guys and gals..I thank YOU ALL for it..
love you all
Your friend and God Bless,
Tina Catena
Old 06-29-2002, 07:15 PM

What's a bus?

Didn't know the Vietnamese had an idea what a bus was.
Old 06-29-2002, 07:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default andy

I knew all along that the one finger wave was just an eastern welcome to Boston sign. I couldn't always figure out which cow path to turn on and wondered why everyone goes 20 miles over the speed limit there instead of only 5 or 10 miles over like in Minnesota. Mass. is a great place for a vacation, and I've been there 3 years in arow now since my daughter moved to Somerville. {May skip the year 2003, but would sure like to meet you for coffee or better yet a drink next time. ] I really think [and hope] your problem with the VA will be worked out. Take care.
Steve
Old 06-29-2002, 07:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Keith

I would have taken that as a compliment. Did you ever drive in one of the rotories in Mass. ? I have a real hard time deprograming my agressive driving after I get back to Minnesota. Here, they don't expect you to pull out in front of them and they give you that one finger salute if you do. Take it easy.
Steve
Old 06-30-2002, 09:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default In your honor

Andy :

I am drinking a Coors light in your honor right now. I will pray that the f**** VA will correct the situation for you. Have attached an APC picture for you also.

Take care and may God Bless !

Larry