The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2009, 05:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Gmac sucks

...After working for General motors for a varied 25 plus years, I thought I would never see something like this happen to one of our own, you'd think someone would have gotton to an adult services program to find out what was going on as this NEVER should have come down to an 82 year old Veteran being evicted for less the 10,000.00,..

...I would urge everyone that reads this to call GMAC, and or write, and express their extreme displeasure, I will be calling my elected officals to try to find an answer, and get this situation corrected,...

Man, 82, with dementia, put out by bank for not paying mortgage
By KENNETH C. CROWE II, Staff writer
First published in print: Friday, December 11, 2009

TROY -- Louis "Sonny" Pisaniello loved to dance at the Italian Community Center. He attended Mass at St. Anthony's Catholic Church on Congress Street. A statue of the Virgin Mary sat in the front window of his home on Ballina Street.

Cops on the beat know the 82-year-old World War II Navy veteran and Niagara Mohawk retiree. They often saw him at cafes downtown and hitching a ride home to South Troy.
But his appearance and home had become more and more unkempt. Family, friends and police were worried that the man nicknamed "Dance Hall Dick" was isolating himself as he slipped into his own world.

Pisaniello, who never missed a payment on his electric and water bills and his city taxes, stopped paying his home mortgage.

His cousin, James Roti Roti of Latham, said Pisaniello had the money to pay the mortgage.

"Everybody's been trying to help him," but he refused family and Rensselaer County efforts of assistance and wouldn't let anyone into his home, Roti Roti said. Often he didn't answer the phone. Roti Roti said his cousin suffers from dementia.

On Monday morning, Pisaniello was evicted for owing $8,173.54 to GMAC Mortgage on the single-story house he bought in 1988 for $86,500.

"This is the saddest situation I've seen," said City Marshal Jack McCann, who arrived Thursday morning to carry out the eviction order two weeks before Christmas.

For three hours, Roti Roti and McCann called and banged on the door. Pisaniello didn't respond. Finally, police and a locksmith opened doors.

Pisaniello was found in bed inside, police said. Dazed, he came out the front door and asked where he should go. When asked how he was feeling, Pisaniello responded, "All right."He was whisked off to Samaritan Hospital by county Adult Protective Services for evaluation.

Movers came to clear our Pisaniello's possessions and load them into two moving trucks parked outside the house. The county will place Pisaniello in an adult home.

City Council President Clement Campana, who has known Pisaniello for years, came by to show his concern and help the family. Standing outside in the cold, Campana said, "It's hitting us all hard."

...Bravo Sierra,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 06:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Yep, finance companies and insurance companies are exactly alike. Their lord god is the almighty buck, and to hell with people in general (except their stockholders).
Old 12-11-2009, 07:20 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Seatjerker,...

Guess that out of the about 50 BILLION$ We Gifted General Motors Corp. from MY/YOUR/OUR Monies, there's not even a few bucks left to help: "Sonny" out?

That Big U.S. Taxpayer Boodle must've gotten all used up meeting all: "UAW obligations (about 10 BILLION$)", what GMAC wanted (amount unknown?) & GM: "Fat Cats" & "Cash for Clunkers" (both squandered BILLION$ unknown)?

Tough luck Veteran Pisaniello,...since no way to: "Thank You for Your Service".

Still, it's unfortunate that you're not A Minority or "Criminally Illegal Alien" in same plight.
No doubt then, The U.S. Government & every organization imaginable would have come to
the rescue. Betcha even Congressional Queen Nancy Pelosi (a: "Gombah") would've helped.

Neil
Old 12-11-2009, 07:47 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Sonny should change his name to something Hispanic or Islamic and claim to be an illegal immigrant. Then he'll get all the help he needs...for free!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:53 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default revwardoc

I wish you were wrong.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote