The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:23 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default military signature site

A few people have made signatures at the military signature site. A few of these signatures no longer function. Following is an explanation of this.

I banned the website name from the forums. I did this because it is going to be a pay site (as stated by the sites homepage) and I will not advertise for them as we do not advertise for anyone. They had the signature as a link to their site and also had an alt tag (the text that shows up when you hover over the signature) with the site URL in it. This means that for every thread with even just 3 signatures in it our site would be advertising their site 6 times each time google indexed the thread. We pay for bandwidth to run the site (each signature they produce is over 100KB) so basically we are paying for extra bandwidth for them to run large signatures with two advertisements each in our forums so they can make more money.

I have no problem however with anyone using what they like for a signature, even if it is large, so just copy the signature they produce to your computer and you can upload it as your signature.
sendpm.gif
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2008, 07:47 AM

David,
I apologize for any Problems that I have caused the site that was not my intention. Seeing as the Military Signatures were free and from a disabled Vet I did not think it would be a Problem, again I was mistake and again I apologize. On the band width I have removed my signature and while not repost it until I have been able to bring it down in width. I hope there is no hard feeling and I am sorry that I have started on the site in this manner. I hope to be able to post with no hard feeling.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-22-2008, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Distinctions

No hard feelings at all, I am glad to have you here. I do not mind anyone using the signatures even at the current size as long as they are uploaded to this site. The only problem I have with the way it was set up is that they are loading the image with links to their site which it states on their home page will only be free for a short time as the screen shot below shows.

I have nothing against them making money and I applauded a fellow veteran for what I believe is a great idea, I just do not feel we should subsidize their advertising at a cost to this site.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-23-2008, 08:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

"I have no problem however with anyone using what they like for a signature, even if it is large, so just copy the signature they produce to your computer and you can upload it as your signature."

David-
I give this a shot. Did it work?
Old 02-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Distinctions

Yes.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-23-2008, 08:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 

Can someone PM me the site to make one?

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)

sendpm.gif
Closed Thread