The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2019, 04:04 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Cuscuta Californica

6-3-2019 (Urgent Inquiry)

Dear Mr. President Et Al; (ref. Cuscuta Californica)

“Of course, I have no way of knowing if this communication will even get through to you or not?” I am therefore, sending it out to several intelligent entities in the hope that it is of some value to “Our Nation” and in particular, to this region of Southwestern California?

I have attempted to get through to you on numerous occasions and issues in the past, only to have my ideas fall far short of their intended mark. As such, I am sending this memo out to you and others, who should, I hope, have some interest in my ramblings and ideas?

My family has resided along the Mexican Border for some 31 years now, with a small portion of them having lived here (and in the East), well back into the eighteen hundreds, and far before that as well, or so I have been led to believe?

My question is this: In all of these years, I have never seen an infestation of this plant-parasite, “Cuscuta Californica”, until this year that is! And if you have ever seen this orange-colored strangling plant, you would definitely know what I mean! This year, however, and for the first time that I can recall, I am seeing this weird-looking plant growing virtually everywhere, and this prompted me to research it this day!

I have learned that this parasitic growth literally strangles surrounding plant life, and this greatly concerns me, especially considering what I have been reading about it and its potential to destroy other productive plant varieties! And as I have said previously, I have never before witnessed this growth before this year, and certainly not in this volume up here in “The San Diego Back Country”, or even within this range or area! And from what I have been reading, this growth (Cuscuta Californica) has the potential, if not the eventuality, to wreak havoc upon other plant species, and we all know, or at least suspect, that “Climate Change” may now also be a fact of life, and only a fool does not darn a raincoat in the midst of a tempest?

“The Ball Is Now In Your Court Mr. President!!”

Hardcore
Old 06-03-2019, 05:09 PM

HC - I found this:

Hustoria is the appendage or portion of a parasitic fungus or of the root of a parasitic plant that penetrates the host's tissue and draws nutrients from it. Haustoria do not penetrate the host's cell membranes. Cuscuta approximata is a species of dodder known by the common name alfalfa dodder.

Dodder is an herb. People use the parts that grow above the ground to make medicine. Dodder is used to treat urinary tract, spleen, and hepatic disorders.

How do you control cuscuta?

Once you know an area is infested, you must manage it to prevent the further production of dodder seed. Isolate small infestations, and remove them by hand before the plant produces seed. Monitor larger infestations, and mow, prune, burn, or spray herbicides to prevent seed production.

Are dodder and cuscuta same?

Dodder, (genus Cuscuta), any leafless, twining, parasitic plant in the morning glory family (Convolvulaceae). ... More than 100 species of dodder (Cuscuta) are widely distributed and called such names as strangleweed,…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me sounds like burning them is the quickest way to rid their spreading. How is controlled by you? Spray or?

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote