The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2005, 06:40 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs down The Vietnam War is over?

I disagree with the authors take on this. What do you all think about it? I understand on a personal level that I'm finally home but stuff like this just lights the fires, especially the part about flying the Confederate flag.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/052405X.shtml

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2005, 08:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Doc....

The author, Marjorie Cohn, would be well served to read and understand your signature line, Doc Urb.

Cut n? paste of oldie moldy leftist stuff and newly anointed and approved leftist jet blasts and calling it the ?truth? is a bit humorous to say the least.
Maybe someone will help poor Marjorie and get her some new, more modern and better crafted cut n? paste leftist material.

Anyway, she lost her point right up front and meandered on to half-truths and non-truths as if it were all absolute truths. She more or less faithfully follows the rule of wine where one spoon of sewage in the vat of wine, yields a vat of sewage. So her point was???

Scamp
Old 05-25-2005, 09:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

What Scamp and you say Doc.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 03:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Welcome Aboard Doc Urb !!!

Larry
Old 05-25-2005, 03:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Two things that always bother me about these people. This is America...not withstanding Bush's attempts to impinge on our freedoms..it is still a place where you can do what you want within reason...if they want to fly the RVN flag, they have the right to do it. If I want to fly the Confederate flag to honor my dead ancestors who fought against an invasion from the North, I have that right also...

The other problem with these high-and-mighty-leftist-against- the-Vietnam-War assholes, is their memory and compassion for anyone in Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia stops cold on 4/30/75.
The untold horrors inflicted on as many as 9,000,000+ human beings in those 3 countries by the Communist regimes that THEY SUPPORTED, is a subject they will not discuss. Vietnam for sure is still a repressive, anti-Christain dictatorship. So as far as I am concerned this invalidates any arguments that they may present to me.

'Nuf Sed.

Larry
Old 05-25-2005, 05:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default We the People ........

What Scamp, Doc Urb,Pack and Larry said ditto . Todays PC stuff is what we fought the British over 200 years ago over and the PC Crowd still don't get IT ........
Old 05-26-2005, 07:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

You hit the target spot-on Larry,

There is way too much career vested interest in our US Senate, our Media, Hollywood and way to many areas of our public academia to do anything but present highly levered and incomplete information. To even suggest there was such a thing as the Asian Holocaust that began in earnest after 30 April 1975 would send some career underpinnings and positioning a flying. Hollywood?s own Ed Asner insists there was no such thing as an Asian Holocaust whilst at the same time Tommy Smothers claims that if there were death camps/extermination centers operating, it was US Conservatives that were running them. Pitiful stuff, but on and on the subtrafudge goes.

At best, I reckon that the US public has been exposed to one fourth of the information about the Communist wars of ?Liberation? going on simultaneously in South East Asia and that pittance is highly levered, incomplete and wildly inaccurate. The wars in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines have been ignored and Vietnam showcased as a ?peasant struggle?, etc, etc. Nothing is mentioned about the ICP (Indochina Communist Party) and their brutal murderous, rampage that pre-dates the Viet Minh and was eventually killed off by the Viet Minh (same fate as the VC, but that isn?t talked about either). And after April 1975 a curtain of silence descended and information vacuum was created. But it is hard to mask the reality that fully one third of the Cambodian population (about 2 million people) was brutally murdered by being starved, worked to death or beaten to death by lead-filled pipes. I contrast this to Kerry?s 1972 assertion that it was ?ludicrous? to think that the Communists would go on a murderous rampage in SEA. Ya right, TJ, go check out the Holocaust museum in Cambodia and tell them how ?ludicrous? all that was.

The assertion that the RVN was corrupt has basis in fact. However, today?s Vietnam makes the RVN look like mere pikers when it comes to institutionalized corruption. Even the current PM of Vietnam admits to this reality and vows to clean up the mess, sure, you bet. Good luck, the third generation of Party elitists are now well dug into to the corruption money flow and there is not any realistic way get them out of there. And in the meantime Vietnam is the economic basket case of all Asia and is heavily and almost exclusively dependent on world charity to keep the rural population from expiring from mal nutrition and disease. This program is only successful because, for the greater part, world pressure and ?bright lights? have kept the greedy, corrupt Party bubbas out of the money and supply flow.

I could get on a roll about all this but enough for now.

Scamp