The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2004, 02:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What do you have on your desk at home and / or at work

Since I am retiring soon, I have cleaned things up some but here is what I have left:

Above my PC is a BIG sign taped on it that says, "ASSUME NOTHING" .....next to it is a lapel pin that says, "No Guts No Glory"

On the right side are three framed picures together with my wife in the middle and pictures of my two sons in their high school graduation gear..

Behind that is a large frame with 12 pictures including some of the kids when they were a lot smaller, my cat ( long gone ), my dog, the statue of the three soldiers at The Wall, my wife, and my younger son holding up a bass he caught. On the other wall I have two plaques : "Born to Fish, Forced to Work" and " Each Friendship is Unique ; A special gift of God"

I used to have a solid wall of Dilbert cartoons...but only have 2 left up :

First one :

Is there more to life than just working ? ( Dilbert )
Yes, there's also the complaining about work. The nightly periods of unconsciousness and sweet, sweet death.
Maybe I should have kids.
To share the joy ? ( he is talking to Dogbert )

Second one :

From now on I will be using the Chaos Theory of management.
( Pointy haired boss speaking )
? ? ? ( Dilbert and his co-workers )
And this will be different how ?
Now there's a name for it ?

Lastly I have my 30 year plaque and a card a got a long time ago with Snoopy in a lounge chair with sunglasses and a big frosty mug of root beer that says "....Get your act together, be cool, and let the good times roll !!!"

By my telephone I have three booklets propped up : The first is "The Gospel of John", second : "The Upper Room : Daily Devotional Guide from 1989 ( when I had a kidney stone removed ) and the picture on the front is the painting entitled "Jesus Under the Burden of His Cross", by S. del Piambo......I also have a copy of the Constitution of the United States...

I have a "scorpion in plexiglass" paperweight ( I am a Scorpio )

I have taken everything else home or threw it away......

What is on your desk and cubicle walls ?

Larry
Old 03-03-2004, 04:55 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Right now I'm sitting at my old roll-top desk and I've got a pile of papers, my digital camera, and two pen holders (one made from a cut-off bottle of San Miguel beer, the other is a coffee mug made like a throwback NE Patriots helmet). On top of the desk is a 19th century clock, a handcarved wooden box (4.5"h, 9.5"long, 6"wide) that my old man was given as a gift from a grateful Sardinian back in July of 1944, a 12"high porcelan statue of an 18th century town crier, and a 3-level bookshelf filled with all my history books and 18th century medical journals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lunch.jpg (10.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-03-2004, 07:02 AM

You mean besides the piles of folders and papers, and reports the I've tried to ignore for the past 3 months? Oh, in that case:

To the left of my monitor is a furry little critter called a scoozie (available at www.scoozie.com) which my husband gave me one year for valentines day.
On the cube wall i have pictures of my three kids, My oldest's grad picture; my middle's sophomore picture; and my youngest (son) playing football and baseball.
I have a framed picture from our wedding day and another picture of my mother-in-law and I on the same day. I also have the last photo ever taken of my mother when she was alive, it was my birthday card. Then I have various photos of me and the kids with our horses.

To the right I have a little Snoopy dog figure dressed as a knight in shining armor holding a boquet (another valentine's present from hubby), and a little M&M mini candy holder a friend gave me.

On the windowsill to the right currently sits an empty vase, which I plan on filling with crocuses & tulips this week. I also have a wall clock still sitting in the box it came it. It's propped up so I can see the time. I just haven't gotten around to hanging it on the wall.

And then there is my favorite little motivational poster framed on my desk. It is a cheetah racing across the field and it reads,
" Attitude - Attack every problem with enthusiasm...as if your survival depended upon it."

So what does all this say about my phsychie??
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 07:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post At HOME / At Work

A mess!

My desk at work makes "organized religion" an oxymoron.
At home a little less messy because my wife cleans up.

Keith
Old 03-03-2004, 08:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

In my bunker at home , besides a lot of rifles hanging on the wall , I have a plaque. It was given to me by my daughters years ago. When I read it I know I got to keep my shit together no matter what. It says :" The greatest gift I ever got , I got from God ..................... I call him Dad "

The greatest gift I ever got , I got from God........... I call him Dad "
Old 03-03-2004, 09:00 AM

Well,

What I see siting here is :

A DEATH WISH :

By that I mean, empty beer cans, cigs butts over flowing the ash tray, a dirty computor screen from the smoking, a window ( wait a minute )
>
>
>
>
>
yep, it is a window, had to clean it, and you know there is a forrest looking at me now. WOW !!

Papers that I dont know what they are for, something about past due.

But seriously, just a comp[utor and some pens and paper and a light.

enough............
Old 03-03-2004, 09:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Upper most shelf of our computer desk, is what I like to think of as mine. As long as I keep it well dusted it will stay that my, at least that's what the war department says.
Among the "junk" are my collection of Navy items. All 26 Cruise Books from the USS Independence along with my (Company's)KEEL books from RTC Great Lakes, A dozen Indy mugs of all shapes and sizes, Indy belt buckles, lighters, plaque brasses, Dept. of the Navy paperweights, Two Ronald Reagan, Navy Legion Beenie Bears, a Sammy Sailor Beenie Baby, an old Seaman's Savings Sailor Piggy Bank, my dog tags, ribbon bar, name tags and some other various items.
I don't have room up there for the photo albums, one with patches, photos, paper items..
Dosen't mean a hill of beans to most, but to me it's all great stuff!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 03-03-2004, 01:37 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink desk

On my desk is the computer, pictures of the family, piles of papers, a lamp, phone, candle and ashtray. Ok, lots of dust too, a Police logo mouse pad and models of an M-113 APC and an M-48 tank.

On the wall behind the computer are three certificates for the Purple Heart. One on the left has the Co. ?C?, 4th/23rd flag with crossed rifles. While leaving Tay Ninh I found it, when no one was looking. The one on the right has a another decoration hanging from it. The one it the middle has a computer paper attached. On it is written, ?This really isn?t that bad of a day.?

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 03-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default desk

Well lets see
Old 03-03-2004, 03:53 PM
Banned

Distinctions