The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Benefits

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2003, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Why does this piss me off?

I was at the wife?s store yesterday when a handicap van pulls up dropping off a load of people in wheel chairs to go to the movie theater beside the store. One of the guys was wearing a U.S. Navy baseball cap and I went out to talk with him. The man had been in the wheel chair for thirty-seven years, paralyzed on the right side and was handicapped while in the Navy and based in Hawaii. He was riding his motorcycle and in a terrible accident which left him in that condition.
What gets me is that for the last thirty-seven years it has been the VA system that has taken care of him. They have paid for his care. Provided his housing. Provided his food and cooked it for him. Provided his electric wheel chairs and provided his tax-free income. He is "Service Connected." and that ticks me off enough that at 4:00 this morning I wake up pissed off. Don't know why, but it does.
Come on now; Hawaii, screwing around on a motorcycle, thirty-seven years ago, if he had a motorcycle in Hawaii he was based there. VA full service connected disability with loss of use payments and fully tax-free.
Maybe I was just shot at too many times.
Sponsored Links