The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2007, 07:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Corrupt Republican Congressman gets 30 month sentence

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070119/...ney_corruption
Its always a great day for America when another corrupt Republican leader gets led off in handcuffs and yesterday was no exception.
The last republican Congress was one of the most corrupt ever as proven by the fact that four--COUNT EM!--FOUR Republican Congressmen were forced to resign for corruption and/or perversion: Delay, Ney. Cunningham and Foley. Not ONE Democrat was forced to resign for ANY reason!!!
Score: Corrupt perverts: Republicans FOUR--Democrats ZERO!!
Two of these corrupt Republican scoundrels, ney and Cunningham, have been indicted, convicted, AND HAVE CONFESSED TO crimes against the American people, most notably accepting bribes and taking gifts for services rendered.
One of their highest leaders, Tom Delay, was forced to resign when he was indicted for money laundering. The Hammer cravenly cut and ran from the Congress when he was indicted, so gfast the Republicans lost his district. He like all his other Republican colleagues do not want to be held acountable for their actions.
Thats why Foley ran away and hid in rehab when the public learned about his little escapades with the pages--when the going gets tough, the Republicans go to rehab--Ney is also blamong his lapse on alcoholism--saves them from admitting how personally corrupt they are in public. The "Party of Accountability" do not want to be held accountable--they only want to hold others accountable.
this is why republicans are unfit to govern and always will be--their agenda is self enrichment at the public expense--and when confronted with their owwn corruption, they can only point fingers somewhere else. Harry truman said "The Buck stops here." and the Republicans changed it to the buck starts here.
But it stops right here for Ney.

Lets look at Ney's crimes, what he actuallly confessed to:
"...accepted golf and gambling trips, tickets to sporting events, free meals and campaign donations arranged by Abramoff and his associates...The gifts Ney received ranged from a trip to Scotland bankrolled by Abramoff's clients to thousands of dollars in gambling chips that Ney got on two overseas junkets from foreign businessman Fouad al-Zayat, a Syrian-born aviation company owner in Cyprus....The lawmaker agreed to push legislation helpful to Abramoff clients including Indian tribes and a foreign beverage distiller. He agreed to help Al-Zayat get a visa to enter the United States and a legislative exemption to laws barring the sale of U.S.-made airplanes and parts to a foreign country...."

My my my--whhat a corrupt litttle Republican weasel Bobby Ney is--and then tries to blame it on alcoholism. Ney's the kind of people that give alcoholics a bad name, no doubt, but if its in you drunk, its in you sober--corruption, I mean.
Next one down--Delay. Delays got money laundering charges in Texas and the book is just opening on the Abramoff scandal too. Many Republicans were in the Delay--Abramoff ring and they were very blatant about it.
Hopefully the new ethics rules laid down by the Democrats--things the Republicans never passed because they interrupted their cash flow--will stop some of this corruption but the Republicans are studying how to circumvent them as you read this.

and here's ANOTHER very important sentence to understand: "...Ney's sentencing is the latest development in a long-running investigation that so far has yielded convictions of several former congressional aides and two members of the Bush administration ? David Safavian and Robert Stillwell...."
This means that george Bush's administration is much more corrupt than Clinton's was--NO Clinton WH aide was ever indicted or convicted!!

Seeing corrupt Republican leaders being led off in handcuffs shoud make your day, America, these are bad, bad people. Get ready for more.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Made my day!

Thanks James, can't wait for the rest of these scumbags to do their 'perp walk' into their jail cells!

Like that old spirtual song says.....OH HAPPY DAY.......OH HAPPY DAY!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

They are jailing corrupt Democrat legislators here. They had a little sting operation here called Tennessee Waltz. Operation_Tennessee_Waltz Operation_Tennessee_Waltz
Old 01-20-2007, 10:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Power Corrupts.

You have just as many Democrats as Republicans who are corrupt. Do a little research and you'll soon figure it out.

That thing is that power and money corrupts people regardless of their political affiliation.

The truth is: you have some really good honest folks on both sides of the aisle, you have some really corrupt folks on both sides of the aisle. And that's the truth.

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...-increase.html

Keith
Old 01-21-2007, 06:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Pictures of Republican crimes--caught in the act!!

It's intersting how our Republican Congressmen like to spend their time. Here's a picture of two of them, with an important Bush administration official, golfing in Scotlad with their favorite lobbyist--Jack Abramoff.
Thats Abramoff, Delay, David Safavian and Ney in front, the tall guy in the back is a Scottish golf pro.
What do these men all have in common? (not the golf pro) They are all influential Republicans and theye ALL been indicted. 3 of them have already been indicted and convicted--Abramoff, Safavian and Ney and are doing, or about to do time.
Safavian was the corrupt Bush administration official who was indicted and convicted for--surprise--taking giftes from Lobbyists. Ney has aalso been convicted and Sentenced for taking gifts from lobbyists. And Abramoff was one of the lobbists.
This is actually a picture of a crime taking place: Congressmen can't accept expensive gifts or trips from lobbyists, even in the corrupt Republican Congress time. And neither can White House officials. And this trip to Scotland was on Abramoff's credit card--thats how blatant corrupt Republicans are. This is one of the trips that ney is going to jail for. And if Ney is going to jail for it, Delay is next.
Yes, not only have the Republicans given us smiling mug shots, like Delay and Limbaugh, another convicted and confessed republican, but theyve given us pictures of them smiling while committing crimes. and youre looking at it right here. Caught in the act and smiling. This is why Republicans are unfit to govern, ever.
Safavian used to be Abramoff's partner in Greenberg Traurig, the big lobbying firm. Abramoff's getting him into the White house--Purchasing!!!-- was like the Mafia getting one of their own into the FBI. And in a big money position, too, able to dole out the contracts to Abramoff's clients.
Delay was Abramoff's go-to man for everything, Ney was 2d. but there was a lot more corrupt Republicans involved.
The Republicans cover for the Abramoff's corruption was "He gave to the Democrats too." But that was to mislead--the crimes revolved around what was done for the money. and you won't see Democrats in a photo like this with Abramoff, nor in his skyboxes, nor running tabs at Signatures that never got paid off. (Like Eric Cantor!)
This is part of the Republican Culture of corruption, something the Democrats are already starting to disable. Republicans can no longer take gifts from lobbyists, nor go on their golf junkets. This photo also shows Bush Adminsitration corruption--Safavian was aa top WH official when this was taken
And this is why the Republicans are doing all this "Advance Defense" spin like their latest hack at Pelosi. All they proved is that Pelosi has a fishin industry in her district--well, duh. So do Saxby Chambliss, Olympia Snowe and Kay Bailey Hutchison. This is all advance cover for when Henry Waxman opens the doors at last on the Abramoff scandal and Republicans start falling like turds from a tall cows ass.

Its not often you get to see a picture of a crime in progress but here it is, and as usual, the Republicans are smiling while theyre breaking the law.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Made my day!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy Thanks James, can't wait for the rest of these scumbags to do their 'perp walk' into their jail cells!

Like that old spirtual song says.....OH HAPPY DAY.......OH HAPPY DAY!

Its coming, Gimpy old chum, its dawning now. Subpoenas are flying as we speak. The Corrupt Republican Congress could only sit on this for so long. And there'ss many other thigs that are going to see the light of day--all this government ccontracting the Republicans have added to our government--why do you know, that the government has increased almost 50% as measurd by governmet spnding during the BUsh Years? If the drooling knuckle draggers that so infest the Republican Party thought they were voting for smaller government then the jokes REALLY on them!! Same for government intrusion!!
I see Bushie's already starting to renege on the NSA isssue and I hear he's going to acknowledge global warning in his sate of the union speech. Boy will THAT make the conservatives/Republicans look stupid, they'll have to do a real flipflop there.
hey guy, you coming to Georiga this year? If not, I might make a swing down to where you at, I didn't feel like I got enough time with you last year in GA. Or pack up the lady and come out here during hurricane season.

Stay good, Gimp and here's ANOTHER picture of Abramoff with an impoprtant Republican--the one who hired SAfavian, Abramoff's boy. Think that was cause Jack was a Bush Pioneer and on the Bush Administration's Interior Dept "Transition Team?"

James
Old 01-21-2007, 07:09 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

James
Republicans don't have a monopoly on corruption. Wait till Jefferson is hauled off.
I think they all are worthless.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Power Corrupts.

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith_Hixson You have just as many Democrats as Republicans who are corrupt. Do a little research and you'll soon figure it out.

That thing is that power and money corrupts people regardless of their political affiliation.

The truth is: you have some really good honest folks on both sides of the aisle, you have some really corrupt folks on both sides of the aisle. And that's the truth.

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/20...-increase.html

Keith
What I have here is a picture of Republicans committing crimes, who KNEW they were committing crimes when they did it, Safavian especially. They just thought they could get away with it.
Thats criminal behavior--and all you can say is: the other side does it too? How about taking responsibilty for the corruption in your own party? Youre looking at the picture!! Four--COUNT EM!! FOUR Republican congressmen resigned in disgrace last session, NO Democrats.
Two of them have been indicted and convicted already and youre looking at a picture of another of them doing something illegal, what ney was convicted for. This was the Republican Majority leader!!
When Four Democratic Congresspeople are forced to resign in one session for corrution and/or perversion I'll say its equal--but FOUR republican congressmen resigning in disgrace is unprecedented in the last century

Stay good
James
Old 01-21-2007, 07:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g James
Republicans don't have a monopoly on corruption. Wait till Jefferson is hauled off.
I think they all are worthless.
Yeah, we'll have to wait for Jefforson to get hauled off all right, he hasn't even been indicted yet --I'm talking about PROVEN corruption, indicted AND convicted--for now I got pictures of Republican politicians committing crimes. (see above) Unless Republicans got somethig to top that, we'll stay right there.

Stay good Ron
James
Old 01-22-2007, 03:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Re: Made my day!

Quote:
Originally posted by exlrrp

Its coming, Gimpy old chum, its dawning now. Subpoenas are flying as we speak. The Corrupt Republican Congress could only sit on this for so long. And there'ss many other thigs that are going to see the light of day--all this government ccontracting the Republicans have added to our government--why do you know, that the government has increased almost 50% as measurd by governmet spnding during the BUsh Years? If the drooling knuckle draggers that so infest the Republican Party thought they were voting for smaller government then the jokes REALLY on them!! Same for government intrusion!!
I see Bushie's already starting to renege on the NSA isssue and I hear he's going to acknowledge global warning in his sate of the union speech. Boy will THAT make the conservatives/Republicans look stupid, they'll have to do a real flipflop there.
hey guy, you coming to Georiga this year? If not, I might make a swing down to where you at, I didn't feel like I got enough time with you last year in GA. Or pack up the lady and come out here during hurricane season.

Stay good, Gimp and here's ANOTHER picture of Abramoff with an impoprtant Republican--the one who hired SAfavian, Abramoff's boy. Think that was cause Jack was a Bush Pioneer and on the Bush Administration's Interior Dept "Transition Team?"

James
James,

I am planning on being at the annual midget toss and road kill Bar-B-Que on the mountaintop this spring. Look forward to seeing you again this year.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.