The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2002, 09:48 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Bull Crap!?

Quote Hearst (as in William Randolph & Patty) News Service:

?President Bush has led Republicans to a historic victory in the off-year congressional election, by sweeping control of the Senate while protecting his party?s majority in the House!?

Well, old George may indeed be the President of the United States, and a take no shit hombre at that in some arenas, but as far as snapping up the credit for this resounding Republican victory, I?d say that the voting public had a little bit to do with it too, wouldn?t you!?

But when you add to this, the ?Prez?s Hop-To It? attitude after 9/11, coupled with the ?Wellstone Memorial Service - Turned Circus?, created by a few overly zealous and callous residents-in-heat within the Democratic Party, can you truly say that this was not a case of (at least partial) Democratic suicide? ?Talk about shooting yourself squarely in the nuts!!?

Also, as some have said upon this site, this election may have (first) been a case of choosing the lesser of two (perceived) evils? With no more Washingtons, Jeffersons, or Lincolns hanging about to leap to the rescue, the analogy of ?No Best Man In Sight?, may indeed be (at least) partially correct! And if the ?Dimb-Ocrats? don?t smarten up (and fast) they may be witnessing another scenario similar to the one that took place after Hoover? A voter?s rebellion that led to years and years of Democratic domination between 1933 and 1953 (about twenty years in all). This time, however, it won?t be the Pachyderms hanging about impatiently in the wings, but rather the ?Jackass Set!??

And should this ?Unilateral Transition? pass into reality, our two major party system, could rapidly turn into a one party system, and that in turn, into a virtual dictatorship of sorts? ?Who could (or would), after all, be able to prevent such a disaster, Superman perhaps!

The Kryptonite in the arsenal of a few in government, just may indeed be comprised of a generous blending of public apathy, complacency of conscience, loss of direction, and a misplaced nut or two! ?Of course, I am referring to the power to reason and think independently and honestly, and not the family jewels?!? The latter were hocked by all too many in government (and never reclaimed) years ago!!!! (opinion)

VERITAS

Old 11-07-2002, 01:22 AM

OK, so the election is done, and instead of predictions we will get play by play rehashing. Kind of like before and after football. (I guess men do run the world.) And things will continue on as they always have. People will talk ad-nauseum about what is wrong and not have the nuts to back what is right. Same ol same ol. Difficult to do any kind of job under those conditions, ne ce pas est?
Old 11-07-2002, 03:23 AM

hardcore...you remember the o'le saying
"you can fool all the people, some of the
time...some of the people,all the time...
but you can't fool all the people all of the time"...um , i wonder???

your last paragraph is great...
Old 11-07-2002, 04:43 AM

Can't say I mind who the President of the USA is but I now know what your George W. and my Little Johnny talked about last year and even in Mexico last week.
Old 11-07-2002, 07:02 AM

Hardcore,

Great comments. I'm waiting to see just what will take place over the next 3 to 6 months. Then you will know whats what.
Like Jane said I too am greatful these elections are over the TV ads were taking a toll and of course the know it alls on all channels drive you crazy.

Today I can't tell you if I'm Republican or Democrate I can't tell anymore. They all lie and cheat and never get anything done so it will be nice to see if this congress can really accomplish anything worth while.

National Security issues are priority I agree but the working class if there are any of us left will need to see more changes. Wages and jobs are issues and in dire need of attention. Too much of our production is now made overseas. Military items always have high priority but what about our medical issues and the elderly and poor. Yes we still have poor in this country and this is really a shame.

What ever happen to the Drug Czar? You don't hear much about that anymore?

Too many loose ends everywhere! Too many issues that get a bandaid approach and never a real fix! My confidence is low and I just don't know if our government will get it under control.

We keep waiting for change - when will it come?

We have very few leaders who will lead but there are sure a lot of followers. Reason

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote