The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2002, 07:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Wull Waz.....

I couldn?t tell ya a lot about the BAMS as I don?t recall seing any during the VN War and only know a couple at the local proving grounds and a few just south at the Marine Mountain Training Center known as Pickle Meadows. But they ain?t all that hard to look at actually, but then, they all seem to have a platoon or so of ?Big Brothers? hovering about keeping an eye on ?Little Sis?. I?d say if ya worked up a Crocodile Dundee act, got a big old toad sticker and the like, you?d have more than you could handle around these parts. And heck, ya?ll wouldn?t even have to run the USMC gauntlet to talk some sweet nothings to the BAMS-they?d find you, LOL. We need a proper Oz name for starters, I believe. How about Nick Waz. That has a nice ring to it I'm thinking. Sad trouth; you diggers have a way with the Yank Lasses and I can just hear it. Something like "Oh, Nick, Nick, Nick"

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2002, 08:42 AM

Thanks, that gives me somethin' else to sleep on.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:13 AM

So, Wazza,
You sleep on your stomach, huh.
You mentioned earlier that Australia is starting or thinking of starting a Coast Guard. Has the job been a Navy responsibilty?
I find it hard to imagine cruisers and destroyers chasing down smuggler's motorboats. Would it be an actual military branch or only when a national emergency or war is declared? Personally, I hope it's a full-time branch; they'll be a front-line force against terrorism.
Seen a few clips on TV about the Australian life-guards racing their boats through the surf - Really impressive! Suppose you could arm them, but they'd have to row a lot faster.
Old 11-06-2002, 02:44 AM

Default Tim

Sleep on my stomach or on my back depends on what's called for or needed. Don't need PJ's down under, weather and companions keep ya warm and cosy enough. LOL

Scamp,
Know anyone who came to the Sydney Olympics? All the women in the crowd kept yelling Aussie, Aussie Aussie - Oi, Oi, Oi the ones I knew just yelled Ooooooh! Wazza, Wazza, Wazza.

Tim
Tell ya the truth I don't know whose been doing it. Govt. probably doesn't know either. Most of the out of the way places are covered by aerial survielance. We have a volunteer coast guard who do a bit of customs work in association with the cops in the real small ports. We've got Water Police with fast boats in ports along the east coast but most of our drug busts come from spy in the sky or information from the source country.

Sounds like you wanna job in the new Aussie Coast Guard???

Navy usually did the chasing and the refugee stuff. We ain't got no-one else. But they wanna look for submarines, remember that's what I said they were trained for in another post.

Life savers only row for fun, training and competition. They use inflatables for rescues now.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Aarrgg Waz...

It would seem that the situation is far more intense than I reckoned. There must have been some Olympic events that didn?t get coverage I?m thinking. :cl:

Hmmm, I best rethink the ?Nick Waz? scenario a bit as it appears we would have to organize a stretch limo deal and some beefy Lads to keep the Lasses from overwhelming ya?ll.

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote