The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2002, 12:29 AM

Default Chelsey say's Hi !

http://www.globespeed.net/~kenmar/chelsey3gif.gif

She pretty much runs things around our house.

Unfortunately she's developed hip displacia. Her vet. says there may be an operation available that will help her. Has anyone had experience with a dog that had that kind of operation?Sure would like to hear the pro's and con's about it.

Thanks,

Ken and Chelsey

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2002, 12:50 AM

Ken,

All the best for your birthday. Can't help with your little friend. One question though - how do you open the pic with the little red X

WAZ
Old 10-28-2002, 05:47 AM

Ken,

Sorry to hear about the pooch. My daughter's dog (Smoke) is now and 11 and he's not doing to well either. It's amazing how attached you can become to a little dog. St. Francis will watch over all of them from what I've been told.

Take Care

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 10-28-2002, 06:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ken , sorry about your friend , I don't know nothing about that hip stuff either. Just discovered my 13 year old mixed breed buddie is deaf. Lots more belly rubs in order . Good luck with your dog. Nothing ever seems to stay the same.
Old 10-28-2002, 08:43 AM

Thanks to all for your comments. Like it say's on my site; "She's a full fledged family member with all rights and privledges".

Chelsey came to live with us 8 years ago when she was a 6 week old pup. My wife told me Chelsey was NOT going to be an inside dog. That lasted about 2 days.

Wazz... about red x thing, I think you have to set your Patriot options in your "profile/Use the WYSIWYG enhanced HTML engine", to yes.

Also some browsers may not work with html. You might check with David for for expert advise..

You can for sure see the pix at http://kendavey.com

Again, thanks to all,
ken
Old 11-03-2002, 08:20 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Ken,
Chili had hip dysplasia when she was little. Our vet wrapped her leg with a splint for a few days. She really looked pathetic and could draw sympathy from the hardest heart dragging that little leg behind her.
Check out: www.peteducation.com and www.vetinfo4dogs.com.

Chilidog
Old 11-05-2002, 01:12 PM

Unhappy chilidog, thanks for the input and sites.

I found a useful link that gave me info that I'm following up on.

We live not to far from the University of Illinois where I discovered that they have a world class veterinarian school and research department. They have all the newest medical procedures related to hip displacia and the procedures are available to the public.

There is a partial hip removal procedure that so far has had good results. After the operation the dog is almost back to 100%. The best thing about itis they are no longer in pain.
I'm still checking into it, but it looks like Chelsey may be going to college in the near future.

To some... dogs may just be dogs, but to lot's of us theyare as important as family members.I believe we have the same degree of responsibility forourpet'swell beingaswe have forour children and loved ones.To anybody that thinks that's foolish.... try messing with my dog, or for that matterANY dog,and see how responsible I can get.

Thanks chilidog,and thanks again to everyone else for the kind words.

ken