The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2002, 09:21 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Put Up Or Shut Up

Well, the seeds of election have indeed been planted, and all that remains now is to see what vegetation (or weeds) springs forth? And naturally, the Republicans in Washington are jubilant, and the President delighted, over the outcome of these mid-term elections, but might I remind our ?Chief Exec? as well other "Pachydermians? that all that has been accomplished to this point, is to get the foot of the GOP into yon golden door!

People naturally believe what President Bush has to say, and this is not unusual considering the fact that he is an honorable man who spent a great deal of his valuable time stumping for his friends (party cronies) in many different places around the nation. Many, however, feel that some of this time would have been better spent situated at the genuine seat of power and responsibility (DC), especially considering the precarious times - ?financially, security-wise, and militarily? that our nation is currently going through!! Yes indeed - ?Politics Never Takes A Back Seat To No One Or Nothing!? In reality, however, this political win may be more of a critical challenge than a glorious victory?

This particular election was, in my opinion, akin to wining the opening coin toss on the basis of the other guy?s faltering game plan. One election is not, however, the ?Final Down Of The Super Bowl?, but rather just the ?First Play Of The Game!? Now is the time to ?Put Up Or Shut Up?, and history has adequately proven that ?Few Politicians Are Capable Of Doing Either!?

An octogenarian friend of mine pointed out that (in his opinion): ?If the Republican Party gained control of the Oval Office, House and Senate at the same time (a rare phenomenon indeed), things were definitely going to change for the better!? Veterans were finally going to get a ?square, truthful and honest deal on benefits? (that would be novel), and the ?Blue Bird of Happiness? was going to take a dump all over our collective birthday cakes?!?

Yeah, well we shall see won?t we, as we have heard all of this crap before, from both ?Patronizing Political Parties??? LIAR is (after all) the middle name of politics!! (opinion)

Not being a member of either (major) political side-show, but rather an Independent who votes for people and not parties, I have always backed (what I perceived to be) the best man or woman for the job? My interest lies in the welfare of ?ALL? of the people of the United States, as well as the sovereignty, survival and advancement of our mighty nation itself! So to make a long story short, this election was not (totally) a ?Omnipotent Party Victory?, but rather an opportunity to ?Put Up or Shut Up!!? Or as [outlaw] Black Bart use to say: Its now time to ?STAND AND DELIVER!!?

That eighty-year old friend that I mentioned above, also believed that should the Republicans capture the elections, and with it - Consolidate Power, great things were going to happen for veterans, truth about military medical experimentation will finally surface, and the domestic economy will heal? ?Again, we shall see, as talk (bull shit) is a cheap commodity, whereas it takes real money to buy food and shelter?!?

The bottom line here is simplistic indeed - ?in two years, the President comes up for re-election, as does all of the House and a third of the Senate?, so what is done (or not done) ?RIGHT NOW?, can and will, dictate the voting trends of the very near future!?

?Big Brother may be watching us, but our eyes will be glued upon him too!!?

VERITAS
Old 11-06-2002, 10:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

For better or worse, the sign on the Senate chamber door stating ?No nuthon done here, no time? is momentarily going to be taken down. Hopefully, things will now prudently press forth. The loggerhead contentiousness that has jammed up the Senate for the last session will possibly abate somewhat and a statement of in business to do business will be clearly made, maybe. But the time to stand up and deliver is at hand so I don?t expect to hear any more Repo whining about Demo obstruction.

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 11:01 AM

You know Guy's,

I voted and always do but everyone I wanted didn't make it so it goes to say I don't pick the winners. The new guys had platforms saying no new taxes - first thing this morning statements are out that taxes will be needed - but only till we get caught up and get some funds - yep its the same old shit.

Everyone on the list I didn't like. You need another line on the card - NONE OF THE ABOVE.

One guy running I liked didn't have enough money whereas the other guy got 20M from his party and guess who won!

Special interest are my biggest enemies. They corrupt the good ones and strengthen the bad ones.

Now we will see if anything gets done. Economic problems are big ones and if they don't get jobs back up and moving each state will suffer from lack of funding.

The poor get poor'er and the rich well we know they don't feel any hunger pains. The system is what the system does and so far you can the last few sessions has accomplished nothing.

The money market is down 401k's have taken a 30-40% loss and the of course the little guys take the hit again. Enough of this polictics it never did me any good and it won't from the way its currently operating.

Most countries are paying more in taxes and for fuel cost I would assume we will be there too before long.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote