The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2004, 05:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well

Sir..........I'll give you credit where it's due. Your "opinion" of Col. Hackworth is the same as mine.

Unlike that of some "other" folks around here who have shown a propensity to alter or completely change their "opinion" of him since he (Hack)has been so outspoken in his support for Kerry's position(s) on several subjects and shown less and less support or agreements with the Bush administration!

For that ...........I commend you for your honesty.

But, I must say I respectfully disagree with your opinion of Mr. Kerry.

Have a nice evening.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2004, 09:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Lightbulb

Paco and Neil: nicely said "Ditto I agree "
Old 10-08-2004, 08:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

That?s a reasonable enough conclusion Mr. Gimpy, thank you. One thing I will point out for other readers that may not be familiar with Col. Hackworth is that he is a journalist and not a military man these days. I have no doubt he has many good contacts within the military and in the political world, but I do not believe he has a full time professional research staff. So what the Col. offers up are opinion editorials that are based on his knowledge, experience, contacts and his bias/spin on any given topic. I don?t have a great problem with bias and spin delivered by credible people that are presenting opinion editorials.

Given his limited resources, he?s mega light years ahead of organizations like CNN, CBS/Dan Rather, MSNBC/Chris Mathews and Michael Moore?s Hate Inc. who have megabucks worth of capability backing them up and yet are incapable of offering up credible opinions that have an angstrom of viable credibility to back up their spin.

Scamp
Old 10-08-2004, 01:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to zuni_rocket
Default Well Stated Paco

Paco, You are telling me the same thing I have heard from returning vet's with exception of one, who was a mom & she wasn't to happy about her situation, but these men and women are the BEST. I salute them, they are the greatest! Jim Bishop
ANV 1861-1865

IYAOYAS!
Old 10-11-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Horse Manure!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy

The head of the 205,000-member Army Reserve, Lt. Gen. James Helmly, told USA Today, "Retention is what I am most worried about. It is my No. 1 concern." The Army National Guard, which has a significant number of troops on active duty, was expected to fall about 15% short of its recruiting goal of 62,000 soldiers for fiscal year 2004. Other military branches met their goals for 2003 and so far in 2004, but that is in part because some military members had the end of their enlistment terms involuntarily extended under a special "stop loss" order from the Pentagon.

Based on the reported comments from troops who are still in Iraq or have just returned , the exodus is going to create some serious extra pressure on recruiters to find new enlistees during the coming fiscal year.

HORSE MANURE!

The ONLY thing you got right is the "HORSE MANURE!" part.

Army, in tough slog, hits recruiting goal

By Rowan Scarborough
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

September 30, 2004

The U.S. Army, which has done some of the toughest and longest fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, has met its recruiting and retention goals for active-duty soldiers in the fiscal year that ends today.
The Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps also achieved those goals at a time when the 1.4-million-person armed forces is under intense deployment pressures because of the global war on terrorism.
The Army did suffer setbacks in the government's fiscal 2004. The National Guard will miss its recruiting goal of 56,000. It had signed up only 43,827 by Aug. 31. Critics say frequent call-ups and 12-month deployments are driving prospects away, but the Army cites the fact that more soldiers are being kept on active duty, which means they are not available for Guard recruiters.

On the retention front, both the Guard and Army reserves will miss targets slightly ? by 1 percent and 3 percent, respectively, the Army projects.
But overall, the Army brass say they are pleased at 100 percent-plus retention rates for enlisted active-duty soldiers, especially in its 10 active-combat divisions, which have seen some of the bloodiest combat in Iraq cities such as Najaf, Baghdad and Sammara. The goal of retaining 56,100 will be exceeded by about 800 soldiers.

http://washingtontimes.com/national/...2138-5753r.htm
Old 10-15-2004, 10:31 AM

Gimpy.....since Charlie Wrangel want's the draft, let's give it to him. We'll just draft registered Democrats. LOL
Old 10-16-2004, 10:01 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to zuni_rocket
Default Democrat Scare Tatic's Flood the Air Waves !!!

It was Charlie Wrangel 's bill & he & his other democrat co-signer pitched a bitch when the house leadership put thier bill up to vote up on the floor for a vote...Yes they both voted against their own bill LOL what a couple skinflints those two guys are! Lairs ! Just like Kerry !

There's a dead skunk laying in the middle of the road stinking to high heaven........

Naw! that's just John Kerry's lies he's a speading around about the draft you are a smelling!