The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2004, 01:13 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Lightbulb Gimpy's been talkin' about me....

Funny thing happened on the way to the forum.I should sayitwas after the forum when c-span was taking calls for comments on opening night of the Republican Convention....

A young man called in and concluded after observing the evenings activities that the Republican party had been taken over by the rightwing neocons.

OH MY GOSH says I. Gimpy has been talkingabout me all this time and I thought he was talkingabout jackbooted thugs that were ready to knock down doors and beat me with a night stick.

The evening was filled with tributes to the military, to the families of 9-11-01, the first responders of that day, police and fire department, great tributes to the American Spirit from Senator McCain and RudyGiuliani, a beautiful rendition of Amazing Grace, and a closing prayer by Max Lucado.Not to mentionan immediate reprimand to a few tackydelegates that showed up with purple bandaids with hearts on them. They were told to remove them posthaste.

Shades ofRevelation! That is what Gimpy means when he talks about neocons. Someone that respects our military, believes in the American Spirit, the power of prayer, andneverappreciates tacky. Now that the definition has been made clear there is not for me to do but own the title.

Your happy little neocon,

Arrow>>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links