The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2004, 06:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default News Chiefs Discuss How to Cover Next Terror Attack - New York Post

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/44885.htm

January 15, 2004 -- STEVEN Brill had a summit meeting of TV anchormen and their bosses over dinner at his Fifth Avenue apartment on Tuesday night with Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge to discuss how they'll cover the next terrorist attack. Brill, whose book "After" detailed the response to 9/11, spearheads the America Prepared Campaign to educate the public. Joining Brill, his wife Cynthia and two of their three kids for dinner were Fox News Channel boss Roger Ailes, ABC News prexie David Westin, CBS News chief Andrew Heyward, CNN anchor Aaron Brown, plus Peter Jennings and Tom Brokaw.

http://www.buchanan04.blogspot.com/

>> Since Gen. Tommy Franks has already been kind enough to warn us that
>> after the next major terror attack "the Constitution will
>> likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government,"

( http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...0/185048.shtml )
>> it is understandable that Ridge would want to get our corporate media heads on board
>> and make sure they all greet these developments with one harmonized "patriotic" voice.
>> Christ, there isn't much time, people. There are now even half-serious jokes floating around
>> that say Rove has wired the country so that if Bush's poll numbers ever
>> drop below 40% it automatically triggers a terrorist bomb.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:02 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs down

DUDE et al

Quote:
>> Since Gen. Tommy Franks has already been kind enough to warn us that
>> after the next major terror attack "the Constitution will
>> likely be discarded in favor of a military form of government,"

Quote:
>> it is understandable that Ridge would want to get our corporate media heads on board
>> and make sure they all greet these developments with one harmonized "patriotic" voice.
>> Christ, there isn't much time, people. There are now even half-serious jokes floating around
>> that say Rove has wired the country so that if Bush's poll numbers ever
>> drop below 40% it automatically triggers a terrorist bomb.
"Some damned dangerous rhetoric here!" , hardly worthy of anyone in power or influence within the United States!!

And if true (?), and I seriously doubt it,who among us would sit back and allow this to come to pass - for that man, any man, would be a disgrace to everthing that it took our "Forefathers and Patriots of The Past" over two centuries of blood, sweat and tears to build!!

"TALK ABOUT DANGEROUS TALK OF A POTENTIAL TAKE-OVER FROM WITHIN?!" And if the above quotes were just made in jest, then they are indeed in poor taste, don't you think!!!!

(UNBELIEVABLE!!)

VERITAS
Old 01-25-2004, 04:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There is no jest here folks. These folks are deadly serious. Just do a little basic research on what was said and done in the media the 12 months prior to 9/11..I will bet anyone, anywhere, anytime, about this. I have not lost a bet of any kind since the Democratic Party convention in 1968 when I bet my mother $ 5 that Hubert Humphrey would be the nominee. I only bet on sure things. Ask my mother, wife, and kids, if you don't believe me.

Larry