The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2004, 04:51 PM

Default Ambush Patrol

As I stated when I came on board here, I started out with the Battle of Burt on Jan 1-2, of 68. We had the human wave attack for 7 hours which I was on LP in between the Gooks and the American forces. Well I was going to talk about one certain ambush patrol, which it seemed like I was on every night. We went out about 110 meters in the area around where Burt was but hell the jungle all looked the same to me, we had 9 men three 3 man positions, in mine I was in between the two rifle men and when it came my turn to try and sleep I awoke Leon and where we had set up was like broken branches (stuff that makes noise) well anyway I turned on my back and Leon said someone is coming, I said be quiet and I could not move for I would make to much noise, I looked up and right in the faces of about 9 VC walking by to our perimeter, how they did not step on me or see me I will never know. Another time I have to thank the lord. They went up to our perimeter and by that time I was on my stomach and they came back the same way, which was to bad for them I think I had the machine gun on fire. And as Mortardude mentioned the Battle of Burt, Oliver Stone the director was there he was with the 3-22 and platoon was done after the Battle of Burt. I didn't realize that when I first seen Platoon, I said to myself if this wasn't a movie I would think it was me there and low and behold that is why it looked so real. Thanks for Listening.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Thanks for all you did, and I'm glad you came back.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote