The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2003, 08:26 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry To Hell With Social Security?!

?Is it time to ?Dump Partisan Politics? in favor of survival??

Is paying the entire tab for saving an ?Ungrateful Iraq? (and the rest of the Middle East) more important than the lives of ?Our Own Elderly? or ?Our Own Infirmed??

?Piss On Iraqi Protests?, they nurtured the beast (Hussein) for decades, and it is ?Their? oil that should pay for ?Their? liberation, ?BEFORE? this money is converted by them into more AK-47s and palaces for their new leaders! And for the record, our people are still bleeding and dying in Country (Iraq)!!

You have got to seriously ask yourself Mr. Bush - ?What Is More Important?, OUR military, OUR elderly, OUR kids, and OUR American Workers, or the ?Never-Ending $$ Band-Aid? that you are trying to apply to that gaping wound that is known as world agenda and opinion?!

?And what about our economy Mr. Bush, and that $urplus that is quickly turning into a bottomless deficit?? Contrary to world opinion, we are not the open-ended credit card of Planet Earth! Has the ?Ghosts of Herbert Hoover and Ebenezer Scrooge? paid Washington DC an encore visit?

Mr. Bush, as ?OUR? President, I want to praise you! Unfortunately, however, the headline that I read in today?s newspaper: ?COLLAPSE FEARED IN SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE SYSTEM?, hardly gives one great cause for glee, now does it!?

Well, ?TO HELL WITH SOCIAL SECURITY? - we have far more important things to worry about, right Mr. Bush?! Tax Breaks For The Filthy Rich, Free Speech For Iraqis, Romancing France, Germany and Russia, and of course, ?Raising All Of Those Needed Million$ For Re-Election!?

Outside of that Sir, you are really a very likable fellow, and presidential to the max! I mean what the Hell, if your people can?t afford bread, then ?Let Them Eat Cake, right!? And if the elderly can not afford medical care, there is always ?Walter Reed Hospital!?

Hey, maybe our government is working on a solution to this problem, even as we speak? ?A FINAL SOLUTION PERHAPS?!?

? Never play cards with any man named DOC!?
?Never eat at any place called MOM?S!?
?Never sleep with anyone who?s troubles are worse than your own!?
?And never ever, no matter what else you do, believe all that flows forth from the mouths of politicos!!?

Partial Quote, Nelson Algren (1950)

VERITAS INFINITUM
Old 06-16-2003, 10:21 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Social Security

Social Security wasn?t invented in the U.S. Old Otto Von Bismarck seems to be the guy who came up with the idea. Just after he and the Kaiser unified Germany they were looking for a little good PR. Forgot what they called it, but they came up with German Social Security. Bismarck had a study done that found the average German lived to be 63. So he said anyone who lives to 65 doesn?t have to work and the government will give you a little less than 50% of what you were making.
After FDR got elected he decided to lower the unemployment figures and help the elderly by doing the same thing in this country. He kept the age - 65, it had worked fine in Germany. But we live longer today, the average is around 77. Using the original logic Social Security would kick in at age 79. Were that the case there would be no problem at all with the system.
One other thing. Germany in the late 1800s had no welfare, no illegal immigrants who used government services, no government sponsored or government backed health care. In 1933 neither did the U.S. I?d suggest Social Security works just fine, it?s all the add on things that cause us problems, along with our expectation that the government owes everyone a golden parachute.
Add one comment to your list of sayings: Government is like luck, it?s nice to have it around but only a fool would depend on it. (don?t know who said that)

Stay healthy, you need to,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 11:14 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

God help us if we depend on it but some of us will have to unfortunately. When I started paying into it 40 years ago it was "insurance" now I'm told it's welfare for the poor. And if I listen to Coulter I need to grovel for it. Funny...how insurance goes it only serves to enrich the insurance company. Only in this case somebody robbed the bank! Stay healthy...you got that damn straight! Several years back I had one figure and each year it goes down..can't figure why? Seems it's because I keep trying to work partially disabled hurts me. Before it's over I'll be at the minimum after a lifetime (since 15 years old) gimme some cake.....
Old 06-16-2003, 03:58 PM

WELL YALL,

Hardcore, You hit the nail right on with one swing of the hammer 16p nail.

Andy, the Govt wants all of us to die early, soes they donet have to pay out the monies you done paid for.

Judy, What else can say, except lay down for the best one of your life.

The Govt is SCREWING AROUND with everyones life right now and will keep on going , as I see it,

Just WHO is more improtant in this Free World????????

To me it is the persons born and raised in the USA and have their kids raised and born here and most of all The CITIZEN donated his/her life for the prospect of having a better life for the loved oned ones.

AM I MAKING ANY SENSE????

I dont follow polotics and never will, but my final saying on this is

" MY ASS HURTS" Use some ointment if your going to keep on doing it.

enough is enough............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............
Old 06-16-2003, 04:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default hardcore

And who poked that cocklebur under your horse blanket? Heavens to betsy, you're rather confused, to say the least. Who in their right mind would make the fallacious statement about an "ungrateful Iraq"? There may not be 100% ageement about there about what we accomplished, but the whiners are in the vast minority, outnumbering by only slightly the Democratic party detractors. Who says that their oil is buying more AK's and palaces? Utter tripe. Who is claiming the eminent demise of the Social Security System and Medicare? And who has blocked any substantial reforms of the SS system: hint: the party sypbol is a jackass. Take that plastic bag off, it's not all that bad!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 06-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Doc.2/47

"Never play cards with..."Hay!I resent that! You weren't supposed to tell!
Old 06-16-2003, 05:08 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

reeb & Judy et al

Amen, Amen, Amen!!!

For the record, what is going on is, in my opinion, a planned agenda! It's similar to the artificial gas crisis, in that the price of fuel (even domestically produced) goes through the roof every time that some Arab develops diarrhea!

Right from the git-go, these oil and gas producers know that their actions will cause an uproar when the price of fuel becomes more and more ridiculous! At that point, the price is dropped by about half of what it was raised, and the gas companies get a medal for their magnanimous (?) gesture!

And for the record, with all of the Administration's (recent) actions and politicizing against rogue corporations, how many times has President Bush attacked the thieving petroleum cartels!?

In all honesty, how are the vested actions of some in power much different from that of "The Oil Moguls That Infest Inner Earth?" For that matter, does any one within the administration have any current oil ties or obligations (just asking)?

"Also for the record", every time that the economy is brought up in politics, have you noticed how quickly the sabers begin to rattle? Amazing, how so many enemies of mankind emerge to draw our attention away from starving to death, ain't it!

Maybe we should all fill our duffels and seabags, mount our horses and camels (like Atllila the Hun or Genghis Khan), pack our tents and ride out behind our gallant military to war after war! By doing this, we can be a "Nomadic Super Power", always on the move, on call militarily at a moment's notice, and damned hard to pin down!

We can also armor-plate the White House and Congress, put them on wheels and/or pontoons, and set up operations where-ever we end up after Sunset! Hell, if we are going to be globalists, we might as well be mobile and always a step ahead of the United Nations, NATO and Hollywood!

If this all comes to pass, then there will be no need for Social Security or Medicare. We can just chain our elderly and sick together (literally), drag them along behind the entourage of the "Powers That Be", feed them scraps, grubs and road-apples, and when they collapse and die, bury them right where they fell dead!?

"The Books 1984 and Civilution definitely come to mind here!"

VERITAS
Old 06-16-2003, 05:37 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

SuperScout

Absolutely true my friend. The plastic bag has cut off my outside air supply!

To quote Sgt. Schultz: "I KNOW NOTHING!!"
Old 06-17-2003, 07:52 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Follow up

My previous post was intended as a little history and though it might generate a little debate. There is no doubt that if the government makes a promise it should be kept. My actual point was to say that people in DC (in an effort to keep getting re-elected) open their mouths making promises with the attitude, "Screw it, I won't still be here in 40 years, let someone else deal with the problems." Some of our elected officials make a living feeding candy to diabetics.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 06-17-2003, 08:59 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

A RESPONE TO ANDY - et al

A few in government's - "SCREW IT, AND YOU TOO ATTITUDE", is an integral part of the problem! We hire individuals (politicians) for what we perceive to be qualities and ideals similar to our own, or those that we wish that we possessed!? When we realize that we have been deceived and lied to, we bitch like hell and cry aloud, but little (legally) more!

"Wait Until The Next Election We Bellow!" Unfortunately, however, by the next election, we have digested more (terminal) lies and spin from said politicos, or are (by nature) willing to grant them another chance. "Americans are, after all, not too cool on change, even for the better!"

And ain't it a shame that most politicos retain power by attempting to blacken the reputation of their immediate competition, and not by lighting up their own good deeds, possibly because they have little to brag on? As a matter of fact "IF" they had any plus factors or half-way decent speeches in their bogus resumes, they were probably written by some other lackey on the payroll, and not themselves!

Now correct me if I am wrong, but does not the above analogy fit a moral coward(s) and an egotist, and not the ideal leader of any great international power? The only problem is that, the people (and the people alone), pay the final tab on all such betrayals, regardless of nation, or political party of origin! How is this "Bill of Deception" paid you ask - in "American Blood, Sweat, Deprivation, Destruction and Tears!"

When wars do become a necessity, let us fight them with the "Generals, the men and women in the field, American courage, determination, and a desire for total victory", and not for "Political Pandering, Daddy Warbuck's Affluence, Arm Chair Chest Thumping, or quickly forgotten ideals, and most of all - "Let Us NEVER Forget The Warriors Who Fought, and Maybe Even Died to serve and to pretect!

"And let none forget the debt of honor that we owe to these brave American kids, by allowing some "Grandious (tax) Supported, Bureaucratic Entity", to treat these returning veterans (heroes one and all), like they are naught but welfare cases! "These veterans will always be of real consequences and value to our great nation!!" These man and women (veterans) are indeed America's finest!!

"WHEN WILL WE EVER LEARN, OR WILL WE EVER LEARN?"

VERITAS