The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2009, 09:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Riddle...

What is the difference between Bird Flu and Swine Flu?

With Bird Flu you need a Tweet-ment and with Swine Flu you need to get an Oink-ment.

Steve / 82Rigger
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2009, 06:36 AM

Red face

Rigger

Man - that was way to early in the morning for that joke!

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:49 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Talking and in rebuttal...

And this is the name of a ship full of seamen?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp titan.bmp (703.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-06-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revwardoc View Post
And this is the name of a ship full of seamen?
the photograph maybe a hoax – the vessel’s IMO number, clearly visible, belongs to another Titan ship, Titan Taurus. Since then there have been various claims that the ship did exist and that it was the renamed Titan Taurus, so we checked at little further and here’s the truth about the Titan Uranus.
In fact there was not one Titan Uranus but two, and around another two dozen ships with the name Uranus in their names.

The first Titan Uranus was built in 1974 as an oil product tanker by the name of Da Qing 213 flagged in the PRC. By 2002 she had been acquired by Titan and put under the Singapore flag and renamed Titan Uranus. Her callsign was S6CF7 and her IMO number 7614252. She appears to have gone to that great scrapyard in the sky in 2004.

Shift gears: An ore carrier built in the mid-1990s first seems to have carried the name Diamond Echo, then renamed the Sina, then in 2004… you guessed it, Titan Uranus. Two years later she was the Titan Taurus and as of 2007 was K Cosmos, now flagged in Korea.

The photograph seems to have been circulated since 2006, about the time the ship’s name was changed, and may have triggered the change, so it may be genuine but there are inconsistencies that still suggest a bit of photoshopping has gone into it.
So, for the moment we can positively say that there was a vessel named Titan Uranus, two in fact. But it remains to be seen whether or not the photograph is genuine.

Of course, the name sounds scatological when pronounced the correct English way, ‘your-anus’, but less so in the prissier pronunciation ‘you-ran-us’, which may be why its meaning was overlooked.

But we’ll put that behind us.

Since Uranus is a gas planet, it doesn't have a solid surface like Earth. There’s still hope for a few schoolboy smirks. Would anybody really want to be astern of Uranus Gas? As for the ship, she’s out there somewhere on the waters.

Cheers
DeadlyDaring
Old 10-07-2009, 11:33 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Deadly-D,...

Mate,
Even though never dwelling very much about ship names, thank you very much for the info and no doubt much research on the subject.

Hell,...I can't even remember or find out name of the ship where enjoyed a FREE 9 day scenic One Way Cruise (return home by Air also paid for by U.S. Taxpayer), to West Germany.

Regardless, and being a Proud American of Italian ancestry & also residing in The Northeast, I believe that if some Italian Ship docked in New York were named properly my interest in ship names would greatly increase.

Strange being that I am,...seeing Any ship named: "UPAUSA" would certainly: "Make my day". After all, such is exactly where I live.

Neil and/or sort-of: "A-bloomin-Aye-Ti"