The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2003, 06:13 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Angry Massage From Maria

I must yield to my more politically aware brethren on this one and ask the question:WHAT..like I was going to FORGET?And how now,would this anti-everything America,Democrat Senator possibly find the time to write a seemingly Patriotic message to a veteran whom has flooded her inbox over the past few years begging for support for our CIC and VA.with nary a response???I`m humbly confused and really PISSED OFF! What say you?
Mr. Bill Melvin
32 West Buena Vista Drive
Sequim, Washington 98382

Dear Mr. Melvin:

On Memorial Day, please take some time to reflect upon the sacrifices made by Americans in defense of our nation and our freedoms. This year, we have much to be thankful for.

Earlier this month, I was proud to join families and community members to meet the crewmembers of the U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln and the U.S.S. Camden when they returned to Everett and Bremerton. It was heartwarming to see so many people turn out to welcome them home. But let us not forget that hundreds of thousands of American men and women remain deployed around the world.

Around the world, from Afghanistan to the Philippines to the Middle East, U.S. troops continue to fight the global scourge of terrorism. Although the war in Iraq is over, tens of thousands of young servicemen and women remain in harm's way - just this week, four Marine Corps crewmen were killed when their helicopter crashed near Karbala. And in places like the Korean Peninsula and Bosnia, our armed forces enforce a fragile peace.

Men and women from Washington state make up an important part of our nation's armed forces. In addition, the "citizen soldiers" of our state's Reserve and National Guard units play an essential role, both when our nation is at war and in peacetime. All of them serve voluntarily, with the knowledge that they could one day have to pay the ultimate price to protect their country.

Today we remember those who made that sacrifice. As we pay homage to their memories, let us also remember their families and thank all of our nation's men and women in uniform and the veterans of our armed forces for their service.
Sincerely,

Maria Cantwell
United States Senator

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2003, 06:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Griz , I say Thank you for your service. Joke em if they can't take a fu3k
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 09:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Pitiful...

just plain pitiful...

I'm sorry, Senator "KKK" Byrd and this sorry bunch, you can't have it both f**king ways.... !!!! Vote the scumsuckers out for God Sakes !!!!

Larry
Old 05-24-2003, 07:04 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I say that you're absolutely right to be angry. We need to do some serious work before the next election to make sure "those people" don't re-elect Washington's anti-American politicians.