The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2008, 03:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Wish I'd written this....

“Apparently there is something about Sarah Palin that causes some people to think of her as either the best of candidates or the worst of candidates. She draws enthusiastic crowds and provokes visceral hostility in the media. The issue that is raised most often is her relative lack of experience and the fact that she would be ‘a heartbeat away from the presidency’ if Senator John McCain were elected. But Barack Obama has even less experience—none in an executive capacity—and his would itself be the heartbeat of the presidency if he were elected. Sarah Palin’s record is on the record, while whole years of Barack Obama’s life are engulfed in fog, and he has had to explain away one after another of the astounding and vile people he has not merely ‘associated’ with but has had political alliances with, and to whom he has directed the taxpayers’ money and other money. Sarah Palin has had executive experience—and the White House is the executive branch of government. We don’t have to judge her by her rhetoric because she has a record. We don’t know what Barack Obama will actually do because he has actually done very little for which he was personally accountable... Sarah Palin is the one real outsider among the four candidates for the presidency and vice-presidency on the Republican and Democratic tickets. Her whole career has been spent outside the Washington Beltway. More than that, her whole life has been outside the realm familiar to the intelligentsia of the media. She didn’t go to the big-name colleges and imbibe the heady atmosphere that leaves so many feeling that they are special folks. She doesn’t talk the way they talk or think the way they think. ... Whatever the shortcomings of John McCain and Sarah Palin, they are people whose values are the values of this nation, whose loyalty and dedication to this country’s fundamental institutions are beyond question because they have not spent decades working with people who hate America.”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2008, 02:08 PM

Have a laugh well at least did

vlad and friend boris presents 'Song for Sarah' for mrs. Palin

The Ballad of Sarah Palin
Old 10-21-2008, 04:23 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default I went to see her today

Lee Greenwood introduced her and sang 2 songs.

Not everyone knew the words to "Proud to be an American" but I did.

I heard about it this morning on the news. No real advertisement.

I wore my "Band of Mothers" shirt.

Sarah was great and a good time was had by all.

Joy

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote