The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2004, 06:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default GRIZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

You da MAN! Nah, Jesus is The Man!! Welcome to our Band of Brothers of Bill W. Been knowing him about 16+ years my own self!
Brice

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2004, 06:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default That's my Boy!

How proud am I! Way to go buddy!

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 02-05-2004, 06:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default 30 days in the hole,...

...congratulations Griz,...

...For some reason, it takes a while to sink in,...

...Although the numbers don't compare, I'm on my 27th day of being dry, and I don't mean 'Depends",...

...Almost a month ago, I was down at our garage where my bro, and I work on verious motor vehicles, and I "sipped" my usual 4-5 beers through the day etc, and deceided to stop at the local watering hole on the way home to check numbers on the football pool, had a shot of Sambuca to "freshin" the breath so to speak before leaving, two guys walked in, and I wasn't paying much attention to them until I heard "WHAT ARE YOU STAREING AT", and I didn't even know who he was talking to,...

...I sauntered off to the men's room to relieve myself, and leave when the door opens, and again I hear, "Who the f*#k are you stareing at"...

...At that point I knew it was "fight, or flight", now don't get me wrong, I've never backed down from a legit fight in my life, but knew something was really gonna get out of hand, looking at him over my shoulder, I see he's in full leather vest showing colors, and the patch says "PREZ" on his chest, by now my 110 was in the small of my back, and locked open, and I said "If I was stareing at you, you'd know it", He says, "I'm the President of the "&*^%$%^&&^%$ *&@#%^%^&",... I expected him to make a move towards me, and I was gonna stick him, and run that blade straight up, but he turned, and went out the door,...

..."Great me thinks, here we f*#kin go again", and I know he went back out, and there is two of them, I start heading out the bathroom door, and I see the "prospect" patch on the other one, and I thought all hell was gonna break loose, so I walk straight up to him , and look him in the eye, and tell him "If I have a problem with you, I'm gonna take it straight to your face", and he gives me a look, and before he could say anything else, I looked at the bartender, and said "Joe give me a round of "to kill ya",...

...Joe proceeded to walk 3 rock glasses over, and fills them up, and I figured, well If I'm gonna kick some a$$, might as well have a good buzz on, and threw the first one down, senseing the first one mellowed the savage beast in him, I ordered another round, and Joe just stood there filling them up, I figured I was either going to kill them, or get them drunk in the process, I know Joe knew that the place was either going to erupt, or quell, and he just did what I told him to do,...

...Well, 5 quick double rounds later, and some conversation it seemed that I had squelched his desire to be "big man on campus",...

...I was attempting to order a 6th round when Joe just shook his head "NO", and at that point, I was pretty hammered myself, and realized I wasn't going to have to kill them, and severe thoughts of doing so was diminishing,...

...I bid my new found "friends" a fond farewell, and went home not remembering how I got there, and the rest of the night need not be mentioned, but it wasn't pretty...

...I wasn't scared at the fact that I was going to get into a fight, I was scared that I wanted to just kill them out of self preservation, and rid the world of vermin,...

... The ramfications of such set in before I acted upon the thought, and I kept myself out of jail,...

...So here I am, 27 days later, and I haven't had a drop of anything, figure 30 days in the hole to clean up a bit, and go from there,...

...fight, or flight, I lived to drink another day,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 02-05-2004, 07:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Congrats Griz!!!! I knew there was a good reason for celebrating
the 4th of Feb.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 02-05-2004, 07:29 AM

Griz,
As a kid growing up in a whole family of Friends of Bill's, I bow to you and say...one more day, one more day, one more day!

Everyday sober is an accomplishment to be proud of and six years...went by fast didn't it.

Congrats,
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 02-05-2004, 10:14 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Great

A dozen year ago a group of cops, court officials and judges were invited to a talk on liquor abuse. We sat down in the old Superior Court House (where Daniel Webster once tried a murder case). It started with an old man who walked up to the microphone. There was a buzz in the audience but I had to idea who he was. After saying good morning he told us he was going to tell us something about himself. He said:

I was born in a very nice section of Cambridge. I went to prep school at the Deerfield Academy, I received my under graduate degree from Harvard. I then served for three years during WWII in the Navy as a Lieutenant. I then obtained a law degree from Harvard, became a lawyer, a judge, a superior court judge and then a member of the Massachusetts Supreme Court. But liquor didn?t care that I was from Harvard. As far as liquor was concerned I could have gone to dumpy party school, like Yale. I was an alcoholic for more than 25 years, it can happen to anyone. But the good news is you can beat it, but only if you really want to. God and my family made me want to.

The man really impressed me. I told that story to one of my son?s when he began going to AA.

Griz, I?m proud of you and my son. Jerker good luck.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 02-05-2004, 10:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sorry Griz,...

...Wasn't trying to steal your thunder,...

...just thought along the line that it has to start somewhere, Man 6 years is a long time, a lot longer then I'm looking forward to,...

...No shakes, or DT's, just figured, for the first time in my life, that I needed to take 30, and sit back, and reflect on it, and I'm doing it,...

...I think I tasted "Ta keel ya", for 3 days,...

...Actually, will probably end up being a lot more then 30 days, and April will be just around the corner, ,...

... at least, I'll learn to be much more moderate in the future when not with friends,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 02-05-2004, 10:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Congratulations Griz!

Addiction is the only disease that can destroy the soul as well as the body. You too, Curtis!
Old 02-05-2004, 11:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Good for you Curtis !!

Larry
Old 02-05-2004, 03:25 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Those tables, like these are God sent to return to...

Happy birthday Curtis, and many more.