The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Legislation

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2022, 10:22 AM

Arrow Republican Warfare, Part IV: Will the GOP Get Serious about Spending?

Republican Warfare, Part IV: Will the GOP Get Serious about Spending?
By: Dan Mitchell - International Liberty News - 11-16-22
Re: https://danieljmitchell.wordpress.co...bout-spending/

Last week, I explained that “supply siders” need to be ardent advocates of spending restraint. After all, there is no chance of good tax policy in the future if the burden of federal spending continues to expand.

Where the money goes Chart:
Re: https://i0.wp.com/freedomandprosperi...ogan-Chart.jpg

I also wrote about “national conservatives” and pointed out that their opposition to entitlement reform means they implicitly embrace massive tax increases.

The bottom line is that the United States has a built-in spending crisis. Democrats are not serious about addressing the problem. So if Republicans bail as well, the nation is doomed to become a decrepit, European-style welfare state.

What does that mean? Nothing good, at least for people in the productive sector of the economy.

Lower living standards and less growth
Big tax burdens on lower-income people
In an article for National Review, Philip Klein speculates whether there is any appetite for spending restraint, even among self-described conservatives.

For much of the history of the American conservative movement, limiting the size and scope of government has stood as one of its central goals. …In 2022, such messages were barely anywhere to be found on the campaign trail…conservatives have largely moved on from making the case for reducing the size and power of Washington. In some cases, this shift has been passive. …It has become popular in some circles on the right to mock “zombie Reaganism” and insist that while it may have made sense back in the 1980s to argue for smaller government, such a message is now outdated. …the argument that the battle to limit government has already been lost also neglects to recognize that things could always get worse. That is, even though the federal government has gone through extraordinary growth since the New Deal, it would have grown even larger had there been no conservative movement to push back. One need only look at Europe, where conservative parties long ago made their peace with the welfare state, to see how government agencies have crowded out civil society… There is no way in which a nation with…a ballooning welfare state will be an accommodating place for conservatives in the long run, no matter how much some may fantasize about seizing the dragon and precisely aiming its fire at their enemies during the relatively brief windows in which Republicans have power. Conservatives…should not abandon the fight for limited government.

At the risk of understatement, I fully agree.

I wrote two days ago and also the previous week to make the case for spending restraint.

Those are easy columns to write since it is the same argument I’ve been making my entire life. But what is depressing now is that there is opposition from Republicans as well as Democrats.

Maybe they should all be forced to watch my video series on the economics of government spending.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: It's not their money that's why! The taxation paid by the People in
all lands supports their leadership and we can hardly any second guess them - for fear of becoming called a heretic - or non-nationalism member. They have way of spending all tax revenue without our consent - why! Because they can!
Yes that is a real crock of shit! But - It happens in every country - even the US.
I'm not surprised - nor am I shocked - but - I am disappointed!
-

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links