The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2002, 04:15 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Love $$$$ Hate

?LOVE $$$$ HATE?

?What?s next George?? Accusations of Election Theft (?), Der Fatherland Security, Loss of Civil Liberties (including First Amendment Rights), A Thrust At Our Hearts By The World Court, and now (economically vested) Landmark Environmental Laws! I must say one thing for you however, you are indeed loyal to the agenda of those $$$$ who helped you to get your foot into the Oval Office! Hell, you even promised to eliminate the backlog of veteran?s claim cases, and this you did - at least on paper, through a carte-blanch denial of many of these claims for service connected disabilities! Are many of these the very same veterans who bled, were exposed to caustic elements (injected and airborne), or suffered for ?Dear Old Dad and His Oil Mogul Friends? in ?Gulf War I?? Or maybe they are the kids of those who served with honor elsewhere and at another time,
half a world away? This time it ain?t the veteran who is taking the economic lumps, but rather the environment and maybe even the quality of life for generations yet to come?

It seems that a landmark environmental law (both ?Loved and Hated? at the same time) is in the grips of yet another of your (now famous) adjustments! If it isn?t the FBI, CIA and numerous other agencies that are being re-aligned, it is the environment! (opinion)

Now I am not a dove, nor am I a hawk. Neither am I anti-big business, but at the same time, I revile those (foreign and domestic alike) who would strip this nation of all natural resources and carry them abroad - under the guise of business survival or the pretense of preventing massive forest fires by creating massive profits. It is not, after all, these ?International Daddy Warbuck Types? who will be fighting the next war in the Gulf or elsewhere, but rather American kids, not unlike those trusting souls who let it all hang out at Omaha Beach, Bataan, the Chosin Reservoir or Da Nang!

The honchos at your digs (White House) claim that you are just attempting to prevent bureaucratic gridlock, and by doing so, enhance the revenues of big business by removing some critical protections. Yet, was it not your fellow GOP mentor (Watergate Dick) who signed the ?National Environmental Policy Act? some 32 years ago? An act that mandated in-depth study before allowing a potentially fatal rape of the land! Hell, most people know and accept the fact that loggers etc have to live too. And most realize that this act
entailed a time consuming-detailed analysis by several federal agencies, before public lands
can be utilized for private profit! ?Or will you incorporate this too into Homeland Security??

Granted George, lost time is lost money, but a lost ecosystem may (?) eventually lead to human misery!? Granted again, loggers must log to survive, regardless of the ?Spotted Owl? or the ?Platinum-Winged-Whooping-What-The-Hell?, but what you are touting is, in my opinion, just another one way street designed to feather a few political nests and the bank accounts of your international and domestic amigos, many of whom will benefit
handsomely from the potential rape of American resources!

And no, this is not a partisan issue as even Tom Daschle (D-S.D.) is touting changes to this Act to benefit his own home state. And if this were an issue that did not have $$$$ written all over it, that would be one thing, but as usual, the buck rules supreme. Hell, maybe after ?Gulf War 2?, we can go after the Spotted Owl? After all, who needs all of that sh!t polluting the forest floor. There is, after all, enough manure on the streets of DC
to cover an entire continent many times over (another opinion)!!

VERITAS