The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2002, 12:23 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question "global Agenda?"

?GLOBAL AGENDA??

A little quiz - ?WHO WAS IT THAT WARNED ABOUT CONTINUOUS FOREIGN ENTANGLEMENTS??

Come on George II, you?re far too good a man to continue to follow a ?Personal Prestige At Any Cost? routine! Hell, daddy?s ?New World Order? scenario is just another smoke screen that is pumping U.S. $$ and Manpower into a foreign agenda that may end up backfiring in our faces! It may also prompt your ?Siamese-Twin Buddies? at the UN and NATO to initiate their own version of an ?International Monroe Doctrine!!?

Granted, certain evils that directly effect our own national security must be addressed, sometimes even through force, but to use the United States Military to impose your mandates upon others, regardless of their own wishes, is a dangerous undertaking at best. This is not some Spaghetti-Oater (western) where the Calvary always arrives in the nick of time to save the day. Or a Rambo movie in which every shot we fire fells a score of enemy troopers! People (even our own) die in wars, and if it becomes necessary to make this
sacrifice, then by God man, do it for the right reasons. ?Money and absolute power alone hardly fit this bill!?

And for the record, I mistakenly thought that only Congress could declare war, or was that old news-reel footage of FDR asking Congress to declare war against Japan and the Axis (8 December 1941) in error. Unless the media is wrong, the headline that I just read said, and I quote: ?Bush says Iraq War decision will be his!? Well excuse me, ?Commando Bush?, but will you, like Patton, also stand before our troops on the front line, amidst shell and fire, live rounds whizzing overhead? Or will you merely issue orders of death from a safe distance. And when this round of ?As The Middle-East Churns? slips into the pages of history, what will be the next (and the next) conflict to immediately follow? And after all foes have been vanquished, who, pray tell, do you have in mind to lead this ?Brave New World Order of the Bush Clan?? May I venture an uneducated guess?

In the event that you haven?t noticed Mr. President, the international rats are beginning to
jump ship! And even here at home, men like Kissinger and Scowcroft are sounding the alarm. Hell, many high-ranking members of your own political party are beginning to sweat. It?s not that these people harbor any fear or concern that ?Saddam The Slimy? must go, but rather that ?Your Old Man? pulled the plug short of complete victory back in MCMXCI! Did anyone, even back then, really believe that we would not have to give an
encore because of Daddy?s short-sighted decision?!

Ah, but then ?George the First? did learn some valuable lessons in the Gulf, did he not? He was on top of his game and fame after bloodying the Beast of Baghdad, was he not? And a winning leader is always a popular leader, right! Ergo if George II can pull off a replay of ?The Hundred Year War? he may still be with us well into the next century?

?MOVE OVER TED WILLIAMS, HERE COMES THE BUSH DYNASTY!?

Maybe this action is indeed necessary, but if so, do it for the right reasons and not to secure re-election and (absolute power) at any cost!

All of those magnificent allies that we had, many in name alone during Gulf War I, are refusing (to this point) to ?Walk The Walk? again. Should it become necessary to give an instant replay, will these friends and allies change their minds, much as the Russians did (at the very last moment) in WWII, and conveniently surface to collect their booty - ?HELL YEAH!!?

And what of this clown, Kofi Annon and his redundant demands that all (U.S. included) bow before the gossamer might of the New World Order (AKA- One World Government, or UN if y?all prefer)? When in our history have we ever bowed to the dictates of a foreign power, and have no doubts about it, the United Nations is just that, even if it is perched upon U.S. sovereign soil!

Well George, you and daddy pushed for this ?New World Order? and if we are not extremely careful, we could damned well get saddled with it, UN and World Court included!! (AMEN)

VERITAS
Old 08-17-2002, 12:52 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink gimp

I sure understand the idea of your letter and don't mean to nit-pick. But the Civil War, Korea, Vietnam and that ride through the desert a decade ago were not declared wars. If you include all the Indian Wars and I think the Indians and those Americans who died would, there have only been 4 declared wars.

I worry about the missing Russian (USSR) suitcase nukes. Several are not accounted for. If that Bagdad guy got his hands on one you know it's on it's way to the US now. I don't know what the Intel. people know, so I'll hold my breath and hope the least number of Americans die.

I hope we all understand another Trade Center thing will happen, it's just a matter of time. Cutting off sources of money and weapons seems like a good idea. But I honestly don't know if bombing Bagdad is the Best idea. Apparently some people in a pay grade higher than my own seem to think so.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 01:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Andy,

This was NOT written by me.

Hardcore wrote this.

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 08-17-2002, 04:31 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Hard Core, it was our first prez George Washington that told us to beware of entangling alliances. I was surfing today and came across some pretty interesting opinions about the U.S. The BBC certainly appears to be somewhat bitter toward the United States.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...1a-cover_x.htm

And another:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/world...5-80822361.htm

I guess the question is should we care about what others think about us?

Bill

King John 2.1.466
Old 08-17-2002, 06:58 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking REPLY TO GIMPY!

Yes Friend Gimpy, but you would have said it eventually!
Old 08-17-2002, 07:00 PM

I have never cared what other nations thought of us. They piss and groan at us and about us, but when their tit gets caught in a wringer....who do they come running to, to get saved from their enemies......

But I am afraid that Bush (dubya) will make a stupid move and get us embroiled in another long term war that will be micromanaged from DC like Vietnam.

At present the vast majority of "leaders" in DC have zero military experience and for the most part have been nothing more than "trough feeders" most of their lives......and Powell has been pretty well emasculated and has become the ultimate dove...... I keep expecting Rod Serling to walk around the corner and tell me I'm in the "Twilight Zone".

I personally think Bush has lost sight of whats important...and his approval rating as far as the terrorist issue has slid to about 50%......from much higher.

I hope he doesn't screw up, and if he starts to, I hope that the people holding the purse strings tighten them up and don't let loose of the money.
Old 08-17-2002, 08:48 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Unhappy Hardcore - Gimp

Sorry bout that. I read it and it sounded like Gimpy, my bag, sorry, sorry everyone.
As far as not getting entangled in foreign alliences, isn't that what the US did in the 1920s & 30s? How did that turn out?

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 08-18-2002, 12:39 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HARDCORE

Well,...I guess that we can call the previous: "New World Order" now being replaced by the new; "Global Order", just plain ol' progress, my friend.

Still, and in fairness to the first Bush, he only got about half The World's countries pissed-off at our arrogant and worldwide societal engineering, which presupposes that EVERYONE ON EARTH must live in a democracy.

Whereas, NOW Bush Jr. has even got many Americans also PO'd at such trouble causing nonsense (at best).

Neil
Old 08-19-2002, 08:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

We got into this discussion elsewhere on "Declared Wars".

Revolutionary War
French & Indian War
(Civil War)
Spanish American War
WWI
WWII

When war is declared, treaties and other agreements start kicking in on BOTH sides.

The next war declared by our congress will be WWIII because of this.

No declaration of war please. Thank you very much.

Darrel & Joy