The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2003, 10:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 
Angry Lotto

How many of you guys play the Lottery? We have a Wahington State Lotto thats up to $15 million and the Mega Lotto thats up to $115 million. I play both at 5 bucks twice a week. after my 401 K went south I figgure thats my new retirement plan. Does anyone else have the same dreams?:cd: :cd: :cd:
Old 06-11-2003, 10:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Red Neck Retirement Program!

Play Lotto!

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 07:40 AM
Doc.2/47

After many many attempts my state has finally passed a lottery.I'm very happy about this because the folks that get a notion to gamble are going to irregardless of what the law has to say and I'd rather see the Sate get a cut than criminal org.s.Personally,I won't be playing.If I'm going to gamble I want a game where a little knowledge and skill effect the odds like poker-there's always some folks who are determined to draw to an inside streight.Odds are just too long in lotteries.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post The sad part about LOTTO

Statistics show that most who play LOTTO regularly and lose the the most over a period of time are middle income to poor in income. A new way to tax the poor.

However, you are right, many who gamble will find a way to gamble anyway. But, in reality lotto is just another tax on the poor. Both liberals and conservatives are disturbed by these statistics. But, the politicians love the extra income.

Keith
Old 06-12-2003, 04:19 PM

Yea - when it gets up there I'll buy 2 maybe 3 dollars worth of quick picks. why not let's me have good dreams until some joker wins.

Too much money for any joe blow. Would have to go into hiding to prevent being over-run with well wishers.

I know what I'd do with it but wouldn't feel safe for my family members. There are some real bad people out there would do you real harm to take your newly found wealth.

Buts that's not a problem I don't win I just donate evey now and then like everyone else.

Live the life and enjoy its too short to worry about a couple bucks here and there. I've done far worse things in my life.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"