Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2011, 02:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by launcherman View Post
Is it just me or is this forum just a bunch of news reposts? I haven't had the opportunity to really delve into the forum but I thought there would be more military history related CONVERSATIONS going on here. Patriot seems to be chucking a few hundred articles on here a day. I'm sure there's a place for it all I guess I just didn't realize what this place was all about.

Launcherman
What 1Cav said, and amen.

Also though, for many of us from olden times, the chief attraction of this place was and remains that it had and has the reading and recording of military history as a major focus - with (as now) a place to take exception to the color of sky and conduct pissing contests.

That section still exists, but its posts (thankfully) are not kept track of in the recent threads box every five minutes anymore.

The historical value of Patriot Files is unassailable, in my reasonably extensive experience with military websites. Much of that value is to be found not here in the forums but rather within the HOME page, which is where I always go first both to find most recent new threads to forums, but also everything else in the reservoir past and present.

Even so, any serious conversation about purely military matters of history can be and still is discussed in the forums - should anyone be interested and versed in the topic.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2011, 12:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 1Cav...???

RE: "Most of us just got tired of the hassle"???

Just exactly what: "Hassle" or discussing did; "MOST OF US(???)" get; "Tired of"?

Sending MY/YOUR/OUR and/or U.S. Taxpayer monies everywhere on earth,...except TEXAS?

Favoring Mexicans over Americans on the America/Mexico border?

Big Brother protecting Mexicans & foreign nationals (terrorists inclusive) INSTEAD of Arizonans in Arizona & Americans in America?

American Government wanting to throw tiny little Israel under the bus, just to satisfy, gratify & appease Fanatically-Radical & Mass-Murderous Islam (?),...just to mention a few hassles.

Neil
Old 05-21-2011, 01:04 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 1Cav...???

RE: "Most of us just got tired of the hassle"???

Just exactly what: "Hassle" or discussing did; "MOST OF US(???)" get; "Tired of"?

Sending MY/YOUR/OUR and/or U.S. Taxpayer monies everywhere on earth,...except TEXAS?

Favoring Mexicans over Americans on the America/Mexico border?

Big Brother protecting Mexicans & foreign nationals (terrorists inclusive) INSTEAD of Arizonans in Arizona & Americans in America?

American Government wanting to throw tiny little Israel under the bus, just to satisfy, gratify & appease Fanatically-Radical & Mass-Murderous Islam (?),...just to mention a few hassles.

Neil
Old 06-08-2011, 08:38 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 1Cav or ANYBODY,

Let me try getting some answers again, as to why so many longtime members have opted for Patriotfiles 2 over David's original Patriotfiles.com?

Please help me understand? No Veterans or: "Friends" have been forthcoming thus far.

Was Sid's being kicked off of Patfiles all that traumatic,...even after exposed as a fraud?

Whatever, and if that's all there is to it, that sure doesn't seem like much of a: "Hassle" or reason for bailing out to me.

Nor, would such ever make me sort-of jump ship or switch support or loyalties.
I never met David. But, he has always been fair & square with me.

Neil