The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2003, 09:15 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Volitile Borders

There has always been a border problem here in the United States. If it wasn?t the Indians (not those from Cleveland or New Delhi) raiding back and forth across the border, it was Mexican Bandits and even the Mexican Army itself! Most of the current problem flows from the south, but it wasn?t always that way! The time was (prohibition) when hooch (Booze) was the prime concern along the Canadian/U.S. Border!

Less than a century ago, it was not the Mexican that was importing drugs into the U.S., but rather the Chinese. What is now Mexico and Marijuana (or Cocaine), was (one upon a time), the Chinese and opium! Hell, even to this very day, illegal cigarettes and hard liquor still flows (almost freely) from Canada to the U.S., and vice-versa!

I just saw a piece on the tube that displayed the gossamer nature of our Canadian Border, not that the southern border is anymore secure. This is not the fault of the Border Patrol, however, as they are stretched catgut thin! ?But even the most dedicated of souls can not perform miracles!?

After 9/11/01, some in power finally got it through their thick skulls that our own ?Iron Curtain? was paper thin. Our opinions, security, and sense of invulnerability was shaken, as was the economy itself. Instead of concentrating totally upon the disease, however, the symptoms were foremost on the minds of politics. A disease can only kill you, whereas it?s lingering symptoms can lead to political oblivion!

Ain?t it grand that some of our leadership has it?s priorities in order - ?OR NOT!!?

VERITAS e ONORE

Old 01-03-2003, 01:31 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Truly sad,...HARDCORE.

Though, Oh (rare) Sane and Sensible One (about most things), don't you think it sadder still that even after America's 2nd and most devastating: "Pearl Harbor" (re. "9/11"),...that The USA pretty-much STILL has politically-correct and/or not offending any foreigners whomsover BORDERS? Just what-the-hell-does-it-take for us to come to our senses? Apparently the loss of almost 3,000 bodies doesn't mean diddly-squat.

Maybe, we should call-up some Little Bergs in Europe like Lichtenstein or Bosnia or anyone in The World? Maybe someone can tell us the obvious answer to The Problem and/or what most other sensible nations on earth normally do and have done for years. Naturally one automatically excludes America, Canada and Mexico from any such inquiries.

I personally think that Russia would be a good country to ask.
After all, the old Soviet Union seemed to have quite and excellent method for keeping out undesirables, while simultaneously trading with their friends.

Whatever,...any changes to America's status quo would be a vast improvement. Don't you think?

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 01:47 PM

Neil, I think that most of us (we) HAVE come to our senses. Our president and the assorted politicians are still playing the "don't offend" game, however.

Question: Will this PC crap ever end? It's gotten so far to the left that we're not allowed to even THINK of many things, much less say them or put them into print. There are no illegal immigrants or aliens; they're immigrants or aliens or they're lawbreakers. Duh!

I don't understand why Bush continues to kiss Fox's ass. What the hell is going on? This CAN'T be just for votes, can it?

Seal the friggin' borders until we get our ducks in a row! We don't even know who the hell's walking right through our borders, on the south OR the north, much less who's in this country. What is so difficult about this concept? Get our shit together and then ENFORCE the policies in effect. It doesn't seem like rocket science.

Aww, what the **** do I know? I know this - it's time for a drink.

Jeff
Old 01-03-2003, 01:51 PM

Living on the Canadian border, I can tell you it's sometimes no easy task to get back into the USA. Last time I came through it took me 6 hours in line to get through the inspection part.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:04 PM

But the problem isn't in coming through the normal border check stations. Roads and checkpoints aren't even factors. The border with Canada is mostly open and unpatrolled, and the border with Mexico - well, the Mexican armed forces have fired on our Border Patrol personnel. We have no clue of who's coming into our country. It is amazingly easy it is to bring a boat across the Niagara River from Canada to Buffalo with no one knowing about it. Yet no one in our government, which has the prime directive of protecting the United States - gives a shit.

But HEY! At least Canada isn't shooting at us. Yet.

(How're the exchange rates, Jane? Is it cheaper to get gas and booze in Canada, or is it a wash, pricewise?)

Jeff
Old 01-03-2003, 02:09 PM

It's cheaper t get everything in Canada. The prices aren't much higher, and with the exchange it's a great deal. Last summer I bought a shrimp ring up there for 3 bucks!
Old 01-03-2003, 02:18 PM

Ya just never know........

I remember getting gas and booze in Canada for what seemed like pennies on the dollar. ('Course, ya always have to convert the litres to gallons to compare prices!) But during the next visit, Canadians were streaming across the Peace Bridge to buy gas in Buffalo. The price of booze always seems to be volatile. (No pun intended!)

When we visit Dianne's brother near Lawtons, we gas up on the Seneca Indian Reservation near Gowanda; it's always MUCH cheaper on the "res" than at other places.

Jeff